Thread: Emergency Dept arrival of Sophie Isabella

Default Emergency Dept arrival of Sophie Isabella

Here is my labour story which occured on SUNDAY 19 FEBRUARY 2006
    I woke with a sharp pain at midnight on Sunday morning. I could feel baby pushing her way down into my cervix. "yes i thought, im in labour". I tossed and turned for an hour, feeling little twinges now and then, but nothing major. I got up and watched a bit of tele, the pains had gone by then. I went to bed at 2am and didnt wake up again until my DH left for work . I whispered to him half asleep that ive been feeling some pains. He still went to work, labour could go on for hours, days, no need in keeping him at home. I heard the car drive away, and leapt out of bed: 'lets get this baby moving' i thought. I grabbed my DD and put her into bed with me, we played for a bit, then got up to have brekkie. I was defn having contractions by then. The type where you can still do things in between (i was dancing to Hi5 at 8am !!) contractions. I called mum (woke her up) and said i was getting pains, but not to hurry over, plenty of time. By 930am pains were getting stronger, still manageable though. I called DH at work and asked him to come home - he's a Station Officer with NSW Fire Brigades, so best to get him home before they have a fire call . I had a shower, straightened my hair and St troped myself (fake tan). DD so good, here i am in labour and she watching Hi5 oblivious to all.
    When mum arrived she could see i was in full on labour. I was burrying my head in pillows every time a contraction was occuring. DH finally came home - so relieved. Mum decided to drop my DD at my sisters "see you when i get back, we;ll go to the hospital then". This was 10:20am. DH called hospital to advise we would be there.......today. I spoke to midwife and he seemed to think i should wait a while, 'have a cuppa tea' he said. I walked into master bedroom, sat on bed and looked in mirror, waiting for another contraction. I got up and "splash" warm fluid ran down my leg. DH rushed in - we knew we had to move. "what do i wear, should i wear these shorts with this shirt?" - i looked at DH, not believing he was asking me what to wear !!!!!!. DH opened front door, it took forever for me to get there, contractions were stronger now. I felt like i needed to do a #2 (poo - sorry if TMI) . "hand on a sec, gotta go to toilet" - i knew as i was walking to loo that it wasnt a #2 i wanted to do, it was a push for the baby . "ive gotta get outta this house" - i thought to myself. Car trip was 120kmh along a 60k road. I was screaming by this stage "its coming, its coming". Screaming like i was on a roller coaster or something, not thinking about my breathing at all. We overtook a dozen cars - DH driving like a mad man. I was sweating and pushing in the car - i couldnt help it. We got to hospital, DH ran in "my wife is haivng a baby" - he said to front desk at the EMergency section. "how far is she having contractions?" the lady behind the desk asked. "No, you dont understand, the head is coming out" my DH said. Before DH knew it 5 staff ran outside with a bed and pulled me outta the car. I was wheeled into Emergency and told to lie on my back . I didnt want too, i knew the contraction would be more painful, on my side was much better. They then grabbed me and pulled me on my back. Legs open (my pumpkin patch skirt still on !!) and told to give a push - i pushed, and was told i was fully dilated, next push there will be bubs. "Push, and when i tell you to pant, pant". Okay i thought. "its coming"-i screamed. I pushed and panted and no joke, out slides Sophie Isabella. The midwfie (same one i spoke to on the phone 30 mins ago) was there and rested my beautiful daugter on my breast. I was holding DH hand the whole time.

She was called "the emergency baby' for our whole stay in hospital. There were about 15 staff in the emergency cubicle watching - apparently emergency staff dont get to see many births. We were sure to be the talk of peoples dinner conversations that night.

I had a pretty traumatic 1st labour. I was petrified of this one. SO HAPPY to say i had NO TEARS, NO RETAINED PLACENTA, and the birth was super quick.

Ive been told if we have a third, i should camp at the hospital at least 1 week before my EDD. !!!!!

PS I called my sister on the way to the hospital at 1103am (i later found out on my mobile) and Sophie Isabella was born at 1110am - goes to show you how determined she was to arrive.

Sophie pics on www.

wow i want one like that!!

way to go girl!! =D>

That is a beautiful birth story. I am an Emergency nurse and no, we don't get to see too many and they thrill us when they happen. Our world is usually full of not so pleasant stuff and a birth iis a beautiful thing to see (even if it scares the [email protected] out of us 8-[). And yes, you would have been the talk of the tea room and for the next few shifts but in the nicest possible way (we're an excitable crew).

Congratulations!! :smt023

OMG, what a shock, well done hun, to have coped so well, PMSL at DH, bloody men so hopless, but Im very impressed at the driving I must admit!!!! When I was in labor, my DH was doing 40, and Im screaming go faster go faster, stoooopid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\/ WOW

What a wonderful arrival ! I am so glad that your daughter waited until you were in the hospital before the birth and not the car park !

CONGRATULATIONS !

Wow what a wonderful delivery.

Well done on the safe arrival of Sophie Issabella

Probably not exactly the experience you wanted, but great nonetheless! Well done

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Wow what a story, sounds like something from a movie, lol. Thanks for sharing

Wilson Guest

Wow MBear thanks for sharing, sounds like a pretty nice labour to have

She is so beautiful, congrats again!!

bruky Guest

Wow Mbear!!!

What a story darl and what an entrance Sophie O

Its a bit scary when they come so fast isnt it...betya glad its all over now tho

Congratulations once again

Oh wow, what a wonderful birth story. I hope mine is that quick too!! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Sophie is so gorgeous, congratulations.

Wow Mbear, thanks for sharing your story.

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little princess.

mizzsocial Guest

wooow what an amazing birth story!!

CONGRATS \/

sonsangel Guest

Wow, that was quick.
    Congraulations on the arrival of Sofie. I am glad this birth was a better experience for you. Hope Sofie is letting you get enough rest.

I am hoping for a nice easy non induced one this time.

Wow mbear!!! Well done! Thanks so much for sharing your exciting story!!!