Thread: HANNAH ROSE

Default HANNAH ROSE

Well this is how it all began… I went to my doctor on Monday 19th for my regular check up and I was already 4.5cm dilated without any noticeable contractions. I was booked into the hospital on Tuesday night to be induced that was cancelled so another time was made which was Wednesday 21st at 7am. I really wanted to go on my own, so hubby and I hit the pavement. We had been for two 45mins walk that day and we went to embark on the third and I got to the end of the street and turned around straight home, I just couldn’t go any further. To me I was feeling like I was having very mild period pains, nothing to bad. I have to tell you if it wasn’t for hubby I think I would have given birth at home. After all it was him who told me to call the hospital, they told me to make my way in no hurry , I really didn’t want to go in I really felt like a had hours to go. We got there at The midwife Ruth(who was wonderful) put me on the machine to check bubs heart beat and she basically told me that I was in very early labour and I was a long time away, I thought I just want to go home but my doctor wanted me in the hospital. Anyway I had a few showers which help me feel relaxed at the best of times, I started to get pains under my stomach which the only thing I used for relief was a heat pack. I remember the midwife saying to me “You look a little more uncomfortable now’ I remember thinking to myself I have hours to go how am I going to do this, I am scared this pain is going to blow my mind.

My doctor showed up at 7.30 she told me that she was going to break my waters and she told us that I was already 8.5cm dilated. I have to say the midwife freaked out, she couldn’t believe how I handled the pain. So my waters were broken and I can’t believe the relief that came from that!! I went and had another shower and my doctor popped her head in told me that if I felt the need to “poo” then it is very likely that it is the baby, within 3 minutes I felt the need to push. It was the most amazing thing, that with each and every push Colin and I were one step closer to meeting our bubs. My mum just made it, two pushes later at 7.51pm HANNAH ROSE came into the world. Weight 7pounds14oz, length 51cm. head circumference 34cm.
    So I had a very quick and totally drug free labour and I only received three stitches, the doctors said I only really need one but had given me an extra two for cosmetic reasons.
    I had a wonderful experience, the hospital, the midwives the fact that I got transferred to a five star hotel for two nights and plus Hannah has been here before, she has taken to breastfeeding like a total gem and sleeps and settles really easy.
    Plus I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world…

Hannah was the best christmas present ever

Wow Rach - well done!!! What a great birth! Congratulations!

=D> Well done Rach =D>

Welcome to the world "Hannah"
    Congratulations Rach
    Bec

Wow Rach, congrats!! Sounds like an amazing birth!!! xoxo

Congratz again Rach and thanks for sharing your story!

CONGRATULATIONSRach sounds like you did very well which is great thanks for sharing your story I enjoyed reading it. Well done

Kirsty77 Guest

Wow Rach congrats!That was so amazing!Well done! =D>

Pietta Guest

What a great story- i imagine it would be the best chrissy present ever!!

WOW!

What a super birth story. I loved reading this.

Congratulations Rach.

Thankyou for sharing your story with us.

sonsangel Guest

Congratulations, your story was wonderful thanks for sharing it with us.
    Welcome to the world Hannah Rose.

mizzsocial Guest

Congrats!!

What a Great birth you had!

Congratulations Rach! What a wonderful story, you seemed so calm.
    Thanks for sharing =D>

Well done Rach!! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

What a beatiful natural birth Rach, your story bought tears to my eyes. Great job!

Janie Guest

What a dream birth - congratulations and thank you for sharing your story. Welcome to the world little Hannah Rose.