Thread: Here she is, Miss Lily Ava-LONG

Talking Here she is, Miss Lily Ava-LONG

Well finally on the 21/3/09 Lily decided to enter the world, 4 days late, but fashionably So here's how it all happened..................

Lily was due on the 17th March, so my grandparents had decided to come up from Newcastle on the 18th so they could be here when she was born, I had a clinic appointment the day they arrived and had been told by the ob that if I hadn't had her by the following friday they would induce me unfortunately my grandparents were going home on the wednesday so the race was on to go into labour!!!
    Anyway we decided to take my grandparents out for the day on the friday the 20th, we went down to the park and let dd1 have a play and then went for a walk along the beach, well while we were walking I got what I thought was a massive stitch, it really felt like the worse stitch ever all that day the pains kept on coming but I thought nothing of it really cause I had soooooooooooo much prelabour it wasn't funny!!! Well 2 o'clock in the morning I had to get up out of bed, i was really uncomfortable and I decided to time my "contractions" if indeed that's what they were this time to see what was happening, sure enough they were 2 mins apart and lasting 1 minute, I decided to wait a bit before waking dh and watched a dvd of how I met your mother(love that show by the way) I then decided to wake dh and tell him to ring his parents cause I had rung the hospital and they wanted me to go in, so after getting dd1 taken care of we made our way up to the hospital at about 3.30am, we were there for about 2 and a half hours and the contractions were doing funny things like dissapearing for awhile, which was a bit frustrating, so the middie did an internal and said I was 3cm, but she could stretch me up to 7 so when I did go it was going to be fast, I decided I woild be better off at home so we left and went home where I had showers and did lots of walking up and down the hallway, all I really wanted to do was sleep but the pain was getting too intense, so about 8am we went back to the hospital, we waited around for a bit before we were assigned our middie Toni, who was just fantastic!!! she did an internal and said I was about 7-8 cm, and did a little stretch while she was there, so I laboured along thinking I was doing wonderful, when after a couple of hours she said she thought my contractions weren't strong enough, so they were going to put in the drip I really wasn't looking forward to that, so I let them put it in as I already had a canula(sp) in as my blood pressure was up and down and they wanted quick access for medication if needed, that was at about 10-10.30am and boy did those contractions amp up, I didn't remember being so noisy when having dd1, the pain was just so intense, and then they had to put a clip on Lily's head as cause I was having such an active labour they couldn't keep track of her heartbeat so while they were there they broke my waters and at the same time I had an almighty contraction, well I have never sucked so hard on that gas, and i even screamed out "help it's killing me"
    After that I asked for some morphine, and after 15 minutes procedeed to tell Toni that it just wasn't working I think I need an epidural or even better a c section
    She and dh told me basically that I was crazy as I was nearly there now being about 8-9 cm, not long after I said that I felt immense pressure downstairs, what I really said was "holy pressure" and Toni said "did you feel a bit of pressure down there?" and I responded with "s**t yeah!"
    She then left the room for a minute and next thing I know I can feel Lily's head poking out, dh said it was the weirdest thing to see, so Toni came rushing back in, at this stage I was still standing as I had for most of my labour and she said i had to turn around and lean over the bed cause she couldn't get to her head, so I turned around and within not even 5 minutes I had pushed her out, and what I didn't know at thew time but was very proud of when I was told was that dh had helped to deliver our beautiful daughter, which I found amazing cause he is the most squemish(sp) person I know she was just as beautiful as her big sister, and I felt such relief and happiness to finally have her in my arms, my precious Lily Ava!!! My grandparents were so happy that they got to see her before they went home so it was a win for everyone!!!!! I really felt that I dealt with this labour better than my first, Toni made sure i laboured and delivered exactly how I wanted, which was great, and dh was a huge help when I needed him, I did find the last two hours difficult but of course it was all worth it in the end, and it felt so good to go into labour natrually this time!!!
    Lily Ava
    Born 13.25pm, 21/3/09
    7 pound 13 ounces
    Length 54cm
    Head circumference 34.5cm

Congratulations on Lily Ava'a arrival

What a lovely birth story, and fantastic that your DH helped deliver your beatiful girl!

You did so well

Congratulations

fantastic birth story
    im glad you got to birth your daughter the way u wanted!
    congrats xx

Well done, you did a fantastic job!

Thanks for sharing your story

Congrats - great to hear such a lovely birth story

What a wonderful story and welcome to Lily Ava (love the name)

Awesome birth story!
    Made me chuckly quite a few times!
    Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself!

CONGRATULATIONS !!

Welcome to Lily

xxooo