Thread: How Makon Got Here

Ellibam Guest

Default How Makon Got Here

We were due on the 30th of august and although everyone was saying i would "go" early it didn't happen.
    i was booked in for my first lot of gels on the 5th of sept, we went in after a nice romantic "last couple dinner" and had gels put in at about 9pm. then the next lot at about 6am. after these ones i mstarted to have contractions at about 10 min apart. doctor did an internal and there had been very little change,so i decided to go home and wait it out as i wasnt prepared to have the drip. The contractions went away and at the check up the following day i decided i wanted to wait it out. So i was booked in again for monday 12th.
    well nothing happened naturally
    So on monday we went back in but they were having a really busy night so they couldnt garentee they would get back to us (they said that if i woke during the night to buzz them) they put the gels in at about 3 am. i started to have some mild contractions not really frequent though. they then put in the next lot at about 11 am, after that the contractions went to 10 minutes apart but my cervix was still spongey! not really opening.
    at 5.30 the doctor came back to break my waters and put me on the drip, after that my contractions went to about 3 minutes apart. As i was being monitored constantly i was stuck in the bed.
    the doctor came back at about 10pm to do an internal which i was at 2 cms dialated. i was shattered, but my fantastic midwife said it was going really well from where i had started.the next shift came on and at about midnight i had another internal which hadnt changed. at about 130am, i then really needed to go to the toilet to do a poo(actually not just needing to push).having earlier begged for an epi the nurses thought they would do an internal before the doc arrived.I was 8 cm dialated!! so thankfully ben said dont worry about the epi just as the doc was walking in! i was then moved back in to labour ward where the fun part started. from this point on i was pushing and trying not to push as well. as his head was coming out i really could feel it burning ouch. He was born at 2.24 am. 15 days over due. the doctor gave me an episiotomy, and i tore up through my labia almost into my ureathra?( wee hole) it took the doctor an hour to sew me up, all that time ben was with makon giving him oxeygen as his curclation hadnt kicked in yet. but all is well now and his apgar scores were 8 then 9.
    i think that was every thing only now a week later am i starting to think i might be willing to go through it again.
    Thanks every body for your support through out our pregnancy

Default Re: How Makon Got Here

Well done! 15 days overdue...........wow.

It sounds like you had a bit of a scary time, but that all is well now? HOpe you are really enjoying your little man.........

Thanks for sharing you story and congratz again!

Wow, it sounds like the birth was pretty tough on your body, I hope you heal up quickly!

I'm glad to hear that you are thinking about doing it all again though, lol, it shows that you are feeling much better

Congratulations again Elissa! =D>

Well done Ellissa! Ouchies @ that tear though!

Thanks for sharing your story with us

Well done on the delivery of Makon. Sounds like one hell of a tear. OUCH alright.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care
    Trish

Thanks for sharing your story Elissa....i bet hes an absolute joy.

Jo

thanks for sharing your story elissa, hope your tear is healing well.

Linda

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks for sharing your story Elissa :shock: at that tear, I hope you are healing well.

Thank you for sharing your story. Ouchie at your tear, glad all went well.

Elissa you did such a wonderful job, especially after waiting for an eternity! Ouch ouch at that tear, I do hope the healing is quick, the stiches are usually the worst part after the birth in my experience. Next time you may not tear at all, I only had stitches with the 1st and not the next 3, so there is hope!

At least now makon is here you can get a hug!

Best wishes Michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Congratulations ELissa, That tear sounded painful, hoping you are recovering from it. Hopefully next time you will not tear, I tore with my first but I have had another 3 since and had not one stitch. I am due to have another one in 7 weeks time.

I like what you named your child. It is an unusual name.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due in November

Melinda Guest

Congratulations Elissa! What an amazing job you did! Ouch @ the tear! I hope that you are recovering well from this!

Congratulations, and ouchie on the delivery!

Hope you are recovering well!

Thank you so much for sharing your story, good and bad!!

Well done!

Thanks for sharing Elissa. Hope you are recovering well and not too sore.