Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indah Roses's Birth Story.....

Default Indah Roses's Birth Story.....

Monday 19th September at 6am, I woke up with a damp crutch in my flanny Pj’s, I knew I had not wet my pants so kind of ignored it, went to toilet & then back to bed!

At 8am, I again woke & was damp, so I guessed my hind waters had a slight leak, as is what happened with Maddison. I had no contractions just slight period type pains, I had a long hot shower & felt fine, so did not really worry.

My sister came to pick up maddison & take her to Melbourne Show at around 9am, I told her what was happening & that I had a pad incase!

At around 12:30, I was feeling tightenings, they were 3 mins apart, but not at all painful, just noticeable, as I was home alone I called Mum at work & asked if she was finishing at 1pm & if so was she coming home (they live in a unit at the rear of our house).

She came home & we went & sat in her place, I sent a message to DH just to let him know things seemed to be happening, but there was no need to come home just yet!

Around 3pm, I felt the urge to walk, so walk we did for the next 1.5hours around the block, over & over again….
    By now you could see the skeleton of the baby as my tummy tightened with contractions (still 3 mins apart).

At 6pm my sister & hubby & kids got home from the Show & I was now moaning a bit with contractions, but refused to sit down as walking & stepping made me feel better, I asked for cheesy pizza for tea & some how managed to SCOFF into 6 pieces (never eaten that much before in my life!)

At 8pm, I decided to have a bath at home & the contractions were really strong, when I hopped out of the bath I called the hospital & she seemed to think my ability to cope with the pain meant I was still hours away from any action, but as it was my second I could come in whenever I felt it necessary!

So DH, Mum & I packed everything into the car & arrived at the Hospital (The Angliss) at 9:50pm, I refused to take the lift & instead climbed 2 flights of stairs, only just making it to the top before having a really intense contraction…

I was shown into a delivery suite where a midwife that had been delivering babies since 1978 at The Angliss was introduced to me.
    She was lovely, gentle, kind & caring.. After chatting & timing contractions & filling in forms etc, she left Mum, DH & I alone, but said just buzz if you need anything!!!

Around 10:45pm, she introduced us to a trainee lady whom asked to do an internal to see how things were going, so I climbed up on the bed & the trainee did an internal, she then said ‘sorry, but your cervix is closed & looks like you’ll get some panadeine Forte & be sent home!’ Luckily the other midwife came in & asked if she could now assess the situation, as soon as she felt, she laughed & said ‘your not going anywhere, that’s not a closed cervix, it’s bulging membranes, your waters are ready to break, at a guess this baby will be born around 2am!’

I looked & figured 3 hours to go, so I will have some pain relief (peth) around midnight then…
    So I continued to walk up & down the room, with Mum & DH rubbing my back & giving me plenty water & ice!

At midnight I buzzed the nurse to get some peth, she asked me to hop on bed first to check how things were going, as I climbed onto the bed, my waters broke & there was a huge mess of greeny water everywhere, another midwife was called & I was told the baby had poohed & so we needed to get it out soon, so I needed to push hard, but no time for pain relief!

I was pushing hard, but baby kept slipping back & heart rate began to slow down, the midwife said ‘this baby needs to be born now, so I am going to have to cut you!’
    I just agreed as I wanted my baby to be safe, I did not feel a thing as she cut & then there was a sense of panic as the nurses were trying to suction babies mouth, I was unaware of what was happening down there, but Mum & DH both had worrying looks.

Then I was told to push hard with next contraction to get the shoulders out with next contraction baby began crying & shoulders were delivered & then finally that feeling of heaven that last slippery feeling of baby sliding out, pure heaven!!!!
    Baby was suctioned & passed up to my chest…
    We all stood around staring at the baby lovingly….
    About 5 or so mins later we realized we had no idea what sex the baby was, so DH had a look & said with a tear in his eye, we got another girl!!! He is so so proud & over protective of his little girl.

I was then stitched up, Mum & DH fussing over Indah Rose…
    At about 3am, Mum & DH left to go home & rest & also wake Maddy to tell her, she was over the moon!

I was shown a room after showering etc & at 4am, I lay there staring at the new life DH & I had created & how perfect she was/is!

I cannot wait to start trying for #3, boy or girl we don’t care!!!!

Tracey~ thanks for sharing your story i'm so glad your precious bundle arrived safely \/

Aww Tracey, what a beautiful story!!
    I had tears in my eyes at the part where you found out you had another beautiful little girl...

Congratulations sweetie!!!!

Btw, aren't you lucky that the other midwife checked you after the trainee... otherwise you may have ended up having a home birth, lol.

I was thinking the same thing Ambah, that the baby may have been born at home if the other midwife hadn't checked!

Sounds like you did really well Tracey & with no pain relief at all =D>

At the time I was pushing saying I am never doing this again...!!!!

Then 8hours later when DH came in with Maddy, I said..."Next time tell me to take the pain relief!"
    Dh just rolled his eyes at me!!!! \/

kirsty Guest

What a great story Tracey. Can't wait to see some piccies of Indah.

Thanks for sharing your story Tracey! I too had tears in my eyes.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Tracey that was a beautiful birth story :smt022 !!!!

Well done Tracey, sounds like a ripper birth! Welcome to Indah. We'll have to catch up sometime soon!

A ripper, it sure was Divvy hee hee!

Got stitches to prove it!

Thats an amazing story Tracey, tears all round here.

Aww Tracey, what a beautiful story!!
    I had tears in my eyes at the part where you found out you had another beautiful little girl... you did so well also might just add! O

Melinda Guest

That's a great birth story Tracey! Well done!!!!

congratulations Tracey, maddie and DH!!! Welcome to the world Indah Rose

Awww Tracey, that's beautiful! Well done!

Great story Tracey, you are so brave!!!

[email protected] taking the drugs next time!

Well done Tracey - I'll be sure to avoid THAT trainee when I'm there in April! You must have nearly died when she told you no dilation!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast