Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack & Charlee are here!!!

Default Jack & Charlee are here!!!

Here is the birth story of my two amazingly beautiful little babies. I dont know if it all makes sense but I tried!!!
    5:30am my alarm went off last Tuesday. I got up immediately and headed for my shower. I instantly felt sick, not vomit sick just a real nervous feeling. After my shower I had a little melt down in Rowens arms. I just couldnt believe we had gone that far and the anticipation of meeting these babies was getting so hard to take!! He was wonderful, he was totally supportive and that made me feel heaps better. We packed the car, said a teary goodbye to my darling sister (she would be up in a bit with my mum) and set off for the hospital.
    When we arrived we were taken to my room, (I had one all to myself...YAY!!) I was weighed (83kgs I ended up, 15kg weight gain) and all the usual stuff was done. I then had to change into my sexy paper undies! Which of course we photographed! Rowen changedinto his scrubs! SEXY MAN!! Thats when our midwife appeared and GUESS WHAT??? It was Andrea Drew, the very same midwife who 5yrs ago helped us through the long and difficult labour, and subsequent c-sectionbirth of Mia!! Different hospitals, but same midwife. I just love her and I was totally over the mmon that she would be there! Nerves suddely disappeared! So at 7:45am we were off to theatre. This is where things got scary!
    Rowen is terrified of needles, he always has been and probably always will be. We told theatre staff this and asked if he could stay out until after my epidural was inserted, they said they thought he would be ok and that he should just stay at the front of me and dont look. Well half way through the epidural insertion, Rowen passed out! I am not kidding, it was the scariest thing I have ever seen. I couldnt move and I seriously thought he was dead. He was grey and if it werent for Andrea I would totally have lost the plot. I wanted to cry my eyes out but had a doctor behind me telling me to stay still. (thoughts or being paralyzed kept rushing through my head!!!) But honestly, Rowen and I were married last Oct. and not one moment during that whole wedding did I love him, totally, like I did when he was on that theatre floor. Like I said thank god for Andrea....
    Well Rowen was fine after a bit and was soon beside me. I kept asking him if he was ok and he assured me he was. I held his hand so tight. Suddenly I felt like I was going to pass out! It was from not being tilted enough and the weight of the babies were pressing down hard on my aorta. My pulse dropped to 20 and Rowen freaked out! They gave me some drugs to get my pulse going again. (not the words Rowen or I needed to hear!) and I felt ok again. I was totally numb now and suddenly the pulling and tugging began. I had no idea at this stage that we were so close until Barb, (other midwife) said they were just about at the uterus!!! Suddenly over every other noise in the theatre came the noise I was so desperate to hear.l... my 1st twin bubba!!! Miss Charlee Rose Langridge. Time: 8:49am, weight 5pd 6oz, 47cms. Andrea bought her to show us and although she was covered in vernix, she was absolutely gorgeous and so teeny weeny! She was taken to the recuss table where her lungs were suctioned and she was then bought straight back to me and placed on my chest. The first skin to skin with my baby girl! Next came a more robust cry!!! Our handsome little man was finally here, Master Jack Michael Langridge
    Time 8:50am, weight 6pd 5oz, 48.5cms. He was shown to us and then taken to be suctioned too. He was then placed on my chest and it was the most unbelieveabl feeling. My two babies. Who at 27 wks threatened to come into our lives but thankfully they held off and here they were. Both alive, both doing well. It was very emotional and my heart felt like it would burst with love. I thought I would cry like a baby but all Rowen and I could do was laugh like a couple of schoolkids!!!The babies were struggling to breathe as they had so much fluid on their lungs. (common with c-sections) but after a bit more suctioning & oxygen we were off to recovery. Babies both wrapped and in my arms. In recovery I got the shakes! God I hate them! The babies were still making terrible noises but Andrea promised that she wouldnt take them until I was ready too. I wanted to take my babies back to my mum and sister. But at the same time if they needed to, I wanted them to have everything they needed to be healthy. It was hard deciding, but in the end I only needed to be in recovery a short bit and soon we were off again. My Mum and sister were the first to greet us and meet the new additions. It was very very emotional. Only then did the tears come. After a bit more cuddling from their mummy, Jack and Charlee were taken to the nursery to go in the incubators. Jack as he was still having trouble breathing and Charlee as she was not heating up. They were away from me for 3 hrs but as I had that first contact with them I was fine. After they were 100% they were both bought to me and have not left my sight since! I totally love them and they are just adorable! It was not a text book delivery but they are her, they are healthy, I am ok, Rowen is ok. And Mia is a besotted big sister. Life is perfect......

Thank you for reading this, I am off to gaze at them some more!!!

Love Kel

That's beautiful Kel, I can't wait to see them. So glad it all turned out great. My DH is exactly the same way with needles, that would scare the crap out of me. You were so brave and fantastic, A big YAY for you.
    Bye Dee

Aww...Kel, how beautiful. Glad to hear you are all well and that Mia is a besotted BIG sister.

Nic

Sal Guest

What a wonderful story Kel!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Kel - that is so beautiful, I was crying after the first paragraph... all us Junies are so proud of you for hanging on to your babies for so long. Take care of yourself honey and we will wait for the pictures of your beautiful babes!

What a beautiful story Kel, I am with Cee-Cee I was crying from the beginning. It is so wonderful to be able to travel this amazing journey with so many wonderful women.

Aww Thanks Kel for sharing your beautiful story with us. Poor Rowen, good to hear that he is better now. Hope that you are recovering nicely

#karen# Guest

Kel - what a beautiful story, also cried. It's wonderful to hear how happy you are.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

MisKel - you had me in tears too -pouring down my face for the joy and the anxious moments .I have so much to look forward to too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful birth story ... I hope Rowan was alright in the end -would have been a big shock seeing him hit and deck and not being able to do anything.
    So glad Jack & Charlee made it safely.

goldilocks Guest

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes...wow, what an absolutely beautiful story, Kel. I can tell how in love you are with your little ones!

Your poor DH! I can only imagine how terrified you were when he passed out. I'm glad that he pulled through for the rest of the delivery

Jack and Charlee sound absolutely beautiful. And what gorgeous names!

All the very best and congratulations on the arrival of your two precious bundles

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Kel Congratulations!! So proud of you, you got to carry them all the way considering the early scare you had
    Wow i can't belive Rowan passed out!, ha in the text msg he said he was recovering well, i guess he was recovering from his fall!!
    I can't wait to see some pics of your gorgeous son & daughter, I can imagine Mia is just chuffed @ being a big sister!

Kel! you got me all emotional - and i was trying to be strong!! .... I am so happy for you !! Congratulations on your 2 little miracles , your family is now complete... looking forward to photos !

Kel: congratulations and well done writing your story so vividly for us! I was wondering that morning how you were feeling anticipating the operation etc... and yes! my DH has also been known to pass out merely imagining (without even witnessing) processes of labour... Nic reminded me about Rowan's text message and now it makes more sense! LOL I too can't wait to see piccys of your little sweethearts. Mia must be so overwhelmed with so many emotions! It's been so wonderful following your journey to this point... looking forward to continuing it with you and all the June buddies babes!

What a wonderful birth story, thank you for sharing it with us.

tiggy Guest

What a great story,
    Thanks for sharing!
    Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful babies

Thanks Kel for sharing your birth story with us.

Congratulations againon the safe arrival of baby "Jack" and "Charlee"

Kel, what a wonderful story, I had to have a chuckle when Rowan feinted, sorry hehehe, men some are hopless aren't they!!

Such an amazing description I felt like I was there with you, it brought tears to my eyes.

Gorgeous names too hun.

Welcome to the world JACK and CHARLEE

Well done, Kel. Great job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast