Thread: James Finn's arrival into the world...

Default James Finn's arrival into the world...

Hi girls,

Finally I have time to get on a computer again! Thanks to everyone for your congratulatory messages. It's been a roller coaster 2 weeks ... James is 2 weeks old today and we have had trouble settling him. However he is asleep right now so will grab this chance to tell the birth story.

On the Tuesday morning at 5am I woke up with a trickle between my legs, getting excited that it might be a show I ran to the toily to find it was some waters. Rang the hospital, and because it wasn't a gush they thought it might just be my hind waters breaking so told me to put a pad on and wait half an hour. After this time the trickle was still steady and I'd also had a show, they still weren't sure whether waters had really broken but because I was GBS positive they told me to come in anyway, because if they had broken the baby would be at risk of infection.

So we went in at around 8am, no rooms were ready yet so we went for a walk trying to get contractions started. At 11am the obstetrician came in and confirmed waters had definitely broken (I still had no gush by this stage though, which was weird), and that they would have to induce contractions with the drip. Scary.

So at 1pm I was connected up to the drip and the antibiotics, and contractions started to come ever 2-3 minutes straight away. Mild at first but got worse of course. At 6pm the OB came back, they were quite bad by then and I was just about to start trying the gas. However when he saw I was only 1cm dilated I went straight for the epidural. What lovely relief.

Spent the next few hours trying to relax, then at 10.30pm he came back again and I was STILL only 1 cm dilated!!! And the baby's head was not engaging. So it was decided to do an emergency c-section, and finally our little darling was born at 11.48pm that same night (Tuesday).

So I have my darling little Virgo baby, and only 4 days late! I was disappointed I couldn't deliver the usual way but I am so besotted with him it outweighs any of that. And at 4.00kg I'm sure it wouldn't have been easy...

Sorry this was so long. James is starting to stir so I'd better go and tend to him but will post again soon.

Hope everyone is well.

Love Pearl

Thanks for sharing your story Pearl and congratulations again!

Thanks for sharing your story Pearl! Congratulations again! =D>
    Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery...

Congratulations Pearl and Dh. Take it easy and I hope you recover well!

Thank you for sharing your story with us Pearl. Congratulations and I hope you make a quick recovery from the c/s.

Take Care

Deeanne

Thanks for sharing your story Pearl =D>

Wishing you a very speedy recovery, Pearl! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

mizzsocial Guest

Congrats!!

Which hospital in melbourne did you have your son??

Kirsty77 Guest

Congratulations Pearl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Pearl. Enjoy motherhood.

hey,

congrats on the birth of your little one! Well done

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by mizzsocial
    Congrats!!

Which hospital in melbourne did you have your son??
    We had him at Frances Perry House. Unfortunately I did not get to go to the Sofitel afterward

Congrats Pearl and welcome to James. Those first few weeks can sometimes be a blur when you are tired and bubs isn't sleeping.

No matter how they arrive you love them all the same. And he was a big one LOL

Best wishes michelle

thanks for sharing Pearl,

i agree, you become so besotted that it really doesnt matter how you gave birth at all...