Thread: Jasmine's arrival......

Kirsty77 Guest

Default Jasmine's arrival......

I had decided on having a scheduled c/s this time as with Gemma I ended up having an emergency c/s after a long 23 hour labour.

I went in on Wednesday 25th oct at 6am to get ready. I was admitted and filled out and signed all the paperwork, was shaved(eekkkk) and told to wash with a pre-op wash all over. At about 7.30am a doc came down to put a drip in and explain what was going to happen. A midwife put the cathetar in, which was actually quite painless. By 8am I was being wheeled up to theatre. Did I mention I was absolutely terrified!! At this point I was ready to burst into tears and beg to get out of it!. Luckily Corey was in his scrubs when I arrived and kept a constant smile on my face until they were ready for me. I think it was the fact that Corey was sooooo excited that kept me sane.

I was finally wheeled in at about 8.15 and the docs and nurses were great, trying to keep me calm and talking. They gave me the local then a spinal. I was pleasantly surprised to find that neither hurt at all. I was however squeezing the nurses hands so tight that I was cutting off the circulation....whoops. I was then layed on an angle and with my head laying lower than my legs and then they begun.

I don't remember much, but they did explain everything to me as they were doing it. I remember when they said that they were about to get bub out and I would feel some pressure and pushing on my stomach. One of the docs then pushed so hard on my stomach until Jasmine 'popped' out. All I heard then were lots of cries and Corey begging the nurses for permission to go over and see her. He then brought her back with him and I bawled and bawled!! I then remember my face getting itchy(from the morphine!!) I got really groggy then and Corey told me he was going with Jazz to give her a bath and weigh her etc. I lay there talking to the docs apparently asking for them to give me a tummy tuck and boob job!eeekkk...how embarrassing then I told them that they needed pictures on the celing. Hmmm no more morphoine for me I think!LOL!

I was then ready to go but started to have breathing troubles as the spinal had taken a bit to well and numbed me up to my boobs. I was wheeled into recovery and kept on oxygen and a nurse stayed next to me as I tryed not to puke!LOL!

After an hour I was fine to go and was wheeled back down. I was feeling pretty seedy, like I'd been drinking heavily all night(not that I'd know what that was like!LOL!). I remember seeing my Mum and sister on the way down and Corey greeted me back at the ward holding Jazz. I was very very out of it apparently! I then proceeded to vomit everywhere(charming) then held Jazz. Apparently I bleed out a bit and had to have several wonderful sponge baths that I luckily don't even remember. And while everything was going on around me, the nurses had to keep poking me as I was snoring to loud!!PMSL!

So I ahve to say looking back that the actual surgery and prep for it were a breeze it was the morphine that was horrible, mainly cause I hate to vomit!LOL!

The recovery so far has been fantastic and a hell of alot quicker than my first one. I even got my staples out today!I feel like a new women! I have my 2 gorgeous girls now and my gorgeous partner Corey, whom I could not have gotten through it all without.
    Last edited by Kirsty77; October 31st, 2006 at 05:05 PM.

Thats such a great story Kirsty, shows that not all c/s are a horrific experience... Your princess is just a gorgeous little girl. Congrats to you, Corey and Gemma on your new arrival!!

LOL at the morphine talk! So glad to hear your recovering well and enjoying your little Jasmine.

Congratulations again on the safe arrival of Jasmine.

Thank you for sharing your story with us

Wow Kirsty. Thanks for sharing Jasmine's arrival!!! LOL at the morphine talk! and snoring through the baths.

Thanks for sharing your storie with us Kirsty.

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Jazz.

Kirsty thanks for sharing your story, i love the pic of your girls on your ticker!
    LOL at the morphine & telling the drs to do a tumy tuck etc.... actually a good idea for them to put pics on the roof though!
    well done!

Hehehe great read.
    Well done on a happy c-sec tale...encouraging for others
    Hey -my Caty was born two days after Jazz and is also a clomid baby Go the clomid girls!

Thanks for sharing you birth - I had a scheduled C/S and it was a very good expereince

Thanks Kristy for sharing your story. It's nice to read a positive Csection story. I'm scheduled for one next week, and it has been 8 years since my last baby - which was also c-section, but was not the calm experience of my first child. I had gone into early labour, and had a placental abruption, so it was all very fast and scary. Funny how much the most recent point of reference has an effect on you. Reading your story has reminded me of lots of questions I need to ask tomorrow at the pre-op visit.

Hopefully this time next week, I will have my little man in my arms, and getting on with the next stage of my family life.

BTW love the picture of your girls on your ticker. was