Thread: Jaykob (Born by C sec)

Colleen Guest

Default Jaykob (Born by C sec)

Well, i havent quite read all the stories but I guess mine is a little different and Im sure everyone has different opinions about my choices, im ok with that

At 34 weeks they estimated that Jaykob was approx 8lb (by ultrasound) and by 37 weeks were estimating 11lb+ so I booked in for an elective caesarean.

Jaykob was born 15/12 10 days earlier than his due date (xmas day) weighing 10lb (yes the ultrasound was a little out) HC= 41cm Length = 54cm. He was born under General Anesthetic. It took 6 mins to get him out ( The reason on all the paperwork "Due to problems lifting out large head") They used forceps. He had also locked his chin against his chest which made him hard to get out.

I lost a litre of blood due to the time it took... but did have a blood trans a few days later.

I feel great and I trully have no regrets. He is my 1st and i believe it doesnt matter how they get here as long as they are happy and healthy!!

Colleen & Jaykob

Hey, I agree Colleen! Whatever gets them out without harming you or them, is fine by me.

Congrats on your little December Boy!

Keen

Melinda Guest

Congratulations on your Christmas Baby!!

I love the name, but I am a tad biased! LOL

Congratulations Colleen!!

Thank you for sharing, glad all is well.

Love the name, but I am biased, my brother is named Jakub.

Happy baby gazing!!

Congratulations on the birth of Jaykob, and I totally agree it doesn't matter how they arrive as long as they are healthy.

Love

Congratz on the birth of baby Jaykob

OMG they did mess up the estimated weight. Why the general/instead of a block - wasn't it elective?

Bravo to you and your family - a baby to love and adore.

Congratulations Colleen

Congratulations Colleen on the birth of Jakob. I'm all for natural deliveries but I think if I was in your position I would've done the same thing. He would have been a big baby to push out.
    At the end of the day a healthy bub and mum is the best.

Take care
    Trish

Thanks for sharing your story Colleen

katanya Guest

Colleen, he was a BIG boy wasn't he? I am not sure I would have gone any differently! Like you said, doesn't matter how they get here as long as they are healthy and safe~!
    Sounds like your c-section was quite difficult and glad you are okay after losing all that blood!
    JayKob is a great name!

Congratulation Collen on the birth of little (or should I say Big? ) Jaykob!! =D>

Thanks for sharing your story!! That sure would have been scary losing so much blood, but I am glad to hear that you were both healthy in the end

congrats colleen, till a big bubs, i would have to have a caesar if that size because of my size.

6 mins to get him out, is that a long time is it? i have no idea what the normal sorta time frame is.

Well done Colleen! Thats great that you are both doing so well now! I would have made the same choice! That was a lot of blood lost, thankfully you are all okay now!

congrats colleen, thanks for sharing your story, i agree with the other it doesnt matetr how they get here as long as they do somehow

take care
    Lesley

Congratulations Colleen,

I think I would have opted for the csection too, even 10lb is very big, and better to do it the way you did, than attempt the impossible.

And I too love the name Jaykob. If our 4th had been a boy he was going to be Jacob,, but instead she is Jessica. Look forward to chatting to you in the 1 to 6 month forum.

Best wishes Michelle

Congrats, Colleen! I'm glad to hear that everything turned out okay in the end. Thanks for sharing your story with us!