Thread: Jesse Andrew 8/3/08 - might be a bit long

Default Jesse Andrew 8/3/08 - might be a bit long

Well I wasn't actually expecting my boy for another week or so, coz my daughters were both a week late. One 8 days late the other 7.

I woke up on Friday morning with a contraction. I was so excited!! But tired, so rang DH - I was staying with MIL as we are 2 hrs away from the hospital. - let him know & layed there waiting for another one.About 10 minutes later there was another one, so I thoought maybe this is it, try & get some sleep.
    So I went to sleep & that was the end of it.
    MIL had to go into town that day, but I was gonna stay home. Had no reason to go. Yeah right. I told her & there was no way she was gonna let me stay home alone!
    Anyway, walked around Dubbo all day. Went home & thought bugger it. I'm over it I don't wanna go over again. My SIL & I had been walking about a km each night for 2 weeks coz I'm a big believer that walking is good for labour.
    But it was Friday & I hadn't been to the pub for a while. The one I was working in til I was about 6 months pregnant. So BIL & I decided to walk there.
    2 k's, probably not a smart idea, but I did it.
    I was buggered when I got there & had to ring MIL to come get me.

This is where it gets interesting...MIL & FIL came down & we sat around for a while before going home. Having a chat n stuff.
    Anyway FIL was ready to go, but MIL & I kinda got stuck talking. Well FIL got the poops & walked out in a huff. I was the sober driver by the way. When we finally escaped & caught up 2 FIL he wasn't in the best mood! So after a row on the way home we all went to bed. Well I sat up for a little while listening to MIL ***** about him.

Finally went to bed & woke up at around 5.30 with a contraction. About 10 minutes later I had another one.
    I rang DH but as I had 18 hours with DD1 & 30 with DD2 we weren't too worried. He was gonna talk to his boss & see if he should go to work & we left it at that.
    Instead of going back to sleep this time though I got up & made a sandwich & walked around a bit.

After a few minutes I decided to lay down & time my contractions. They weren't stopping this time...
    Just as I went to lay down I felt this kinda sharp pain & a pop - my waters broke. So much for laying down.
    I went back out & FIL was just about to leave for work. I told him what happened & he said hang on I'll just get Suzie up... Yeah. He told her & she told him where to go!! The row the night before u see. She thought he was stirring her!

Any way finally got her up & I rang my mum to let her know things were happening.
    She was the one who warned me that it is my 3rd bub & once your waters break with the 3rd things can go pretty quick.

My waters broke 1st with DD1 & they had to break them with DD2.

So Anyway. Rang DH...Told him what happened...He consulted with the boss - they were in the car on the way to work by now. They weren't too worried, but I was. I wasn't having this baby alone!!

I told him to go home & come over. He says OK, I'll see you this arvo then. It was 7 am!! I said no, come over NOW!
    By the time I got that sorted I had fluid running down my legs so I did another trip to the toilet where I saw that the amniotic fluid was brown. That scared me so I had a quick shower, grabbed a towel & told MIL I was worried & wanted to go in just to make sure everythings ok.
    Rang DH to make sure he was on his way, then headed in. After dealing with 2 upset little girls not wanting their mummy to go & leave them.

With all the commotion I hadn't had much of a chance to pay attention to the contractions, but once we were on the road we realised just how close I was. My contractions weren't regular, but they were only about 2 minutes apart. Between 5 & 2. & it had only been 2 hours.
    We got to the hospital at about 7.40am. I was 5cm dialated on arrival. I couldn't believe it! It'd only been about 3 hours!!

I had to be hooked up to a moniter coz bub was distressed & had pooed in side me. So I didn't have much freedom.

I did get onto my belly over a bean bag though coz I had really bad back pain. But when I wanted to push I had to go back on my back.

DH finally got in there at 8.45, still dressed in his shearing gear!
    About 20 minutes later he had to go vomit. No it wasn't gory yet! He just went real pale & nearly fainted!

After a bit of yelling & carrying on about pulling it out I finally pushed him out by myself at 10.15 am. It was only then, after I realised there was something touching my chest that I'd had my eyes closed the whole 1.5 hours since DH got there. I was also holding onto his singlet for dear life & pulling it towards me during each contraction (I don't know how I didn't rip it off!)

Thats when I thought 'baby'! Thats right! I was so consumed in the pain I forgot about the reward at the end! My little man. Finally!

I did make them give me pethadine which was pointless coz it didn't kick in til about 20 minutes after he was born.

I pretty much got him out drug free. I don't think the pethadine counts as it wasn't working yet. I refused gas coz it gives me panic attacks.

8lb 7 1/2 oz & 52cm long.

We had to have a paediatrition in there coz he was distressed, but he was perfect. No problems at all.

I was so happy after this labour. It couldn't have gone any better.

5 hours, no stitches & almost no pain relief.
    Last edited by ~clover~; September 27th, 2008 at 02:33 PM.

Oh I just love your story, thanks for sharing it!

The antics between your IL's made me laugh

You did such a fantastic job, congrats on your little boy
    Last edited by ~Trish~; June 2nd, 2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Thanx heaps. & yes my IL are an interesting pair!

What an eventful time

Gorgeous birth story

Well done

CONGRATULATIONS

Great story Skye!

You sound like you did a great job.

Congratulations on your little man!

Thanx guys.

Gorgeous story, Skye. Congrats - it sounds like you did most of that all by yourself, LOL!

Just added a few little bits & pieces I forgot about.

Thanks for sharing your story!. Congrats.