Thread: Jessica and Jack's Birth (Hold on mum)

motherduck Guest

Default Jessica and Jack's Birth (Hold on mum)

Wed 25 oct 2pm went for growth scan both growing nicely both still breech and running out of room to turn Jessica had her bottom in my pelvis, I tell myself that I'm going to end up having a c section I was hoping for a vaginal birth.
    4pm start to get some pains low in my back and lower tummy I tell myself it's only braxton hicks, have a lay down for 30 mins pains don't go away so off to the shower I go 20mins later pains are still there, It's time to head for the hospital so I put a few things in a bag (hadn't got around to packing my bag yet)
    Got to the hospital 6pm lucky my Dr was there, he said that I was 3cm dialated and my waters were bulging that we had to try and stop it and I would be going to Perth, so they gave me adrenalin shot to mature the bubs lungs and put in a drip x 2.
    9pm labour is brought to a stand still flew to perth with the RFDS I'm so glad DH is with me as I have never been on a plane before. ( a bit scary )
    11pm arive at King edward memorial hospital get poked and proded for the next five hours then manage to get some sleep.

Thurs 26th Oct 6.30am contractions start again this time more intense I start to get a bit emotional as the midwife tells me that I'm still 3cms and they try to hold off for 48hours for the lungs to mature I know this labour won't go that long and so start to feel like everything is out of my control.
    8.30am the Dr comes to see me and I'm 6cm so everything starts to move very quickly I'm preped for a c section as both the babies are still breech, The Dr asks if I want to try a vaginal delivery but the pain and fear are staring to win out and I ask for a c section.
    9.50am get to theatre and once I had the epidural I start to feel better the DR does another check and i'm 10cm so she asks again if I want to try a vaginal delivery I can't feel the pain so give it a go at 10.05am Jessica makes her way into the world feet first Wieghing in at 4 pound 13 0z 2180 grams five minutes later at 10.10am Jack not to be out done also enters the world feet first whieghing in at 5 pound five oz 2410 grams.
    No tears no stiches I think because my body was so relaxed better than the last two labours.

WOW Jean, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Good on you for birthing your twins.

Sounds like they were a pretty good size too being 33 week twins.

Wow! Amazing stuff with delivering both breech and not tearing!!! Fantastic!
    Hope you're all doing fantastically

Congrats on going for the vaginal delivery! You're a super star, and congratulations on your beautiful babies!

Congratulations Jean and Simon. Welcome to world Jack and Jessica. You have all done so well. I sure hope my labour is as easy going

They just could'nt wait to see mum and dad.

Thats awesome that you delivered twins vaginally and breech! And what an awesome ob you had

*hugs*
    Cailin

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

What a fantastic delivery - Way to go!!!!

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your twins. And of course for the breech vaginal delivery.
    Good Work Super Mum

:eek: what an amazing birth story jean congrats on ur babies again

kylie

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Jean - conratulations - you are a legend though I imagine it was scary - I had tears welling up - J & J birth story is very rare. thank you for sharing .

Congratulations and great job. So close to having a c/s, I'm glad you got to deliver your gorgeous babies naturally and they are safe and healthy.

beastie Guest

oh thats fantastic...

congratulations

You make it sound easy!!! I think it is amazing what you did, WELL DONE!!!

thanks for sharing.
    congratulations & well done for having both of them naturally thats just great!

Wow what an amazing story! Congratulations on your little bubbas!
    What an amazing dr to ask if you wanted to try delivering your bubbas - I bet your glad you gave it a go!
    Congrats again!

That is an amazing birth story!

King Eddy has great doctors. When I went in with contractions at 27 and 28 weeks they were all encouraging me to deliver vaginally! You have been very lucky!!! I ended up having a c-section.

Congrats on the birth of Jack and Jessica! And breech aswell, good on you for opting to try vaginally, Congrats again. Wishing you fun filled years to come.

motherduck Guest

Thankyou all for your comments I'm happy that I was able to share my experiance with you all, I think we are all super mums the hard bit starts when we get them home.
    I hope you let all the expectant mums know that breach births are possible very scary my biggest fear was that they were going to get stuck.