Thread: Jett's birth story - he lived up to his name!

Default Jett's birth story - he lived up to his name!

Went into hospital at 7:30am 26th Sept for induction due to toxaemia. OB came at 9:15am and broke my waters. Nurse started drip of syntocin at 10:30am. Virtually straight away contractions came at 5min apart, lasting about 40sec. At 11:30 contractions were 2min apart and lasting for just under a min. By this stage I was pacing the room and rocking through contractions. At 12pm contractions were 1 min apart and lasting for over a min. I asked for an epi at this stage as the midwives were telling me I was probably going to go another 5 or 6 hours and I just couldnt bear the thought of having min apart contractions for that long. Tried heat packs but didnt do much good. Anaesthesist came to discuss the epi and asked for an internal to check progress. Turned out I was 7cm already so we scrapped the epi idea as it was a bit too late. Midwife suggested the shower so Dh and I spent about 20min in there before I told them I felt the urge to push. After being told I wasnt ready they checked me again and I was 10cm dialated so I moved to the bed and asked for the gas, which only made my face numb and gave me a distraction (I still felt every bit of pain). Midwives took the gas off me when I was ready to push and after about a half hour of pushing Jett Ryan Andrew made his way into the world weighing 6lb 8oz, 48cm long with a head of blonde hair! Labour and delivery was 3hrs start to finish, with no tearing and one very happy Mama

LOL I had to giggle at your title. Very appropriate name for your little darling.

Congrats on the birth of Jett. What a great quick labour you had.

All the best

Congratulations on the safe arrival of little Jett.

Thank you for sharing your story with us

Wow, a warp speed labour, no drugs, no tearing and a healthy baby....that's my DREAM birth plan for 5 months time!

Well done!

You made it sound so easy! Good on you and congrats

Wow - fantastic! Let's hope it goes with the name as Jett will be this bubs name if it's a boy (my DH LOVES the name!!!!) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience - and Jett is gorgeous