Thread: Jordan Baileys arrival - 12 hr labour and emergeny c-section

Default Jordan Baileys arrival - 12 hr labour and emergeny c-section

Well I cant beleive that my little man is now a week old.

I was due on 29th Oct and had started having very mild contractions about 4 hrs apart on the saturday 29th oct. They continued thru to the Sunday and started to increase to every hr.

I was watching idol eating chinese food when my waters broke. I wasnt sure that my waters had broken, I thought I might have wet myself so I went to the toilet, changed my pants and pad and went about my business. I then felt another gush of liquid so started to think that this may be it.

I rang the hospital and asked them what I should do as I was Strep B + and needed to have meds for it. The midwife told me to change pad again and call back in 1/2 hr if I soaked it again. I was feeling a little disapointed as I thought I was in labour so did as she said and then another great big woosh of liquid.

I called the hospital back and they told me to come in. By this time my contractions had gone from 1 hr apart to 5 mins apart in a matter of 10-15 mins.

Hubby was rapted he got to do the mad dash to the hospital like in the movies, it was really cute.

We were admitted to labour ward at around 10.30 and worked thru the contractions and was examined at about 1.30am and was 5 cm dialated. I had been feeling pretty good at this point as had made such great progress and had not had any pain relief.

As the labour continued I tried the gas however this only made me vomit so we stopped with that. After a couple more hrs the midwife asked if I wanted more pain releif as it was getting pretty intense so we went for a shot of pethadine. It really took some of the edge of the contractions which was a god send.

I was examined again at 4am and was told she had "good" and "bad news". I was fully dialted however baby had decided to turn his head and wasnt in the right position to come out.

We pushed for almost 3 hrs and I was getting exhausted as we had been up since 8am the previous day. They decided to call a doctor in to see if they could assist with turning the baby however they were in a c-section and werent avail straight away so I had to ride out the contractions and fight the urge to push as it wasnt going to get baby out.

Doc came to look and suggested that we try a vacuum delivery to assist in turning the baby but advised that if that didnt work then we would need to go for a c-section.

I was devasted, I really didnt want to have a c -section and I started to cry and was terrified of the epidural needle.

I was taken down to theatre for the attempted vacuum delivery so that if it failed they could do the c-section right away.

They made 3 attempts to get baby out by vacuum with no sucess so I was given a spinal block and a c-section.

I was so elated when they raised Jordan up over the curtain to know that everything was alright now and he was finally here. Hubby went and cut the cord which was fantastic and we both cried our eyes out. It was really one of the most fantastic moments of my life.

Jordan was born at 9.29am 31st October by c-section, after a 12 hr labour. He weighed 3.9 kilo and was 51cm long.

He is our little precious and although the labour didnt go to plan I am full of joy that he is finally here.

kirsty Guest

Tracey thanx so much for sharing your story & it is great to hear that your little man is well.

Thanks for sharing your story Tracey =D>
    I'm so glad everything ended up ok for you both. I hope you are enjoying getting to know eachother.

Thanks for sharing your amazing story Tracey!
    Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. Congratulations again!

mizzsocial Guest

A Huge Congrats to you and your family!!

Hope2006 Guest

What a great story, Tracey. So glad you now have your little man in your arms. Thanx for sharing!

Kirsty77 Guest

Thanks for sharing your amazing birth story!!!!!!!!!Love the name Jordan BTW!!

Well done and welcome Jordan! Sending lots of recovery vibes your way!

Janie Guest

Congratulations to the Dean family - just checked out the updates Kristen made to your website and it looks great.

Such a cute little baby.

Congratulations again - Janie (or Jane from WC).

mizzsocial Guest

When you get a chance, please dont forget to let me know how the Sunshine Hospital was!!

tracey - thanks so much for sharing - what a great birth story. LOL about DH being excied he got to do the mad dash to the hospital!!!

Tracey, thanks for sharing your birth story and great job too! Unfortunately this happened to me too...emergency c/sect but it doesn't matter when you see the end result!

Well done and welcome Jordan!

It may sound silkly, but at times I felt tlike I was there for you and with you- silly I know. Glad Jordan's ok and you too, get well soon.xx

Thanks for sharing your story with us Tracey and welcome to the world your little :boy: Jordan.