Thread: Joshua Michaels Birth story

NewmumLou Guest

Default Joshua Michaels Birth story

My little angel came into this world, very relaxed.

On sunday at 8pm i went into hospital waiting to get induced. I had gel placed in my cervix ready to begin contractions. When the nurse did an internal the baby was already on his way day she told me i was already 1cm dialated and would have him early morning. The next morning 6am i had another douse of gel... still no action. 11am My waters were broken artifically... still no action 12:00pm I was put on the drip and all of it began! The gel and the drip all worked at once and i was having 1/2 a minute contractions and still only 2cm dialeted. So i had the epidural. The anethisist was explaining all the risks of having an epi... i yelled "just put it in"! I felt great after the epi was in but i started to get a niggiling pain again in my back, it got more worse as time went on.... i thought "what! the epi is not working anymore!" i ended up needing a cathada the nurse forgot to put in on that is why the pain started! I had another dose of epidural and waited and waited...Finally at 8:30 the midwife said lets start to push they cut off the epidural and the feeling returned, i pushed for 2 and a half hours (Josh was in a prosterier postition, but being hooked up to a cathada, epi and drip i couldnt go anywhere) and finally at 10:39pm a little boy who i named Joshua layed in my arms! Joshua was actually sleeping while i was pushing so it made it that little bit more difficult

Hehehe, I didn't realise babies could be born asleep! Well done and congrats on your first bundle of joy!

Yay for the wonderful and safe birth of my gorgeous nephew. So happy to have u in the world Josh

Oh wow Louise I didn't realise that babies could sleep during labour! Well done, and I can't wait to meet little Josh

NewmumLou Guest

Thanks everyone!

WOW, it sounds like that preciuslittle boy can sleep through anything!!
    Lets hope little Joshua continues sleeping like an angel for mummy

Congratulations Louise and thanks for sharing your birth story with us. He looks gorgeous in orange, by the way.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Congratulations on the birth of your little man Joshua, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience...