Thread: Julia Zora's birth story

Default Julia Zora's birth story

Hi girls,

Heres Julia's birth story, bit of a long birth after 2 weeks I think I am ready to write about it now

Thurs 7 Sept
    Julia is due, had an appointment at OB yesterday, I was 1cm dialated !!! great news, now just waiting, we booked in for induction on WEed 13 Sept if she hasnt decided to come naturally.

Wed 13 Sept
    No sign of Julia arriving on her own so tonight was the night to check into the hospital. Jeffrey took me for a lovely dinner at our favourite italian restaurant and then we checked into North Shore Private at 8pm. We got a beautiful delivery suite which was large and great and comfy so that was good and thankfully the midwifes were so lovely too, Jeffrey was with me which was great.

10pm - Michele my OB did internal and advised still 1cm dialated and put in the Prostoglandin gel and said she will come back at 8am tommorrow to see how I was.
    12.30am - My friend Tam arrived and I sent Jeffrey home to get some sleep. Tam and I slept for about 3 hours or so, not much else happened no contractions really.

Thurs 14 Sept
    7am - Jeffrey arrives not much else happening at this time, had breakie.
    8am - Michele my OB arrives did internal still only 1cm dialated and tried to break waters hurt like hell and she couldnt break them at all. She put in 2nd lot of gel and said she will be back around 4-6pm to check dialation and break my waters.
    11.45am - starting to get mild conractions nothing regular or really ouchie.
    4pm - Michele comes to check on me only 2cm dialated but enough to have my waters broken, thank god what a relief.
    5pm - Mum arrives to look after me
    4-6pm - contractions stronger and every 2-3mins lasting up to 45secs max. Had some sandwiches
    7pm - 8.30pm - stronger contractions every 2-5mins lasting up to 1min
    8.30pm - Michele came still only 2cm dialated - OMG...
    10pm - Michele back after another delivery and put in the induction drip as they were not happy with the contractions being strong enough and dialation not moving quickly enough.
    10pm - 12.30am - more contractions ouchie

Friday 15 Sept
    12.30am - internal still only 2cm - OMG hopped in the bath to calm myself down and listened to hypnobirthing. Midwife talked to Michele asked me to consider Epidural considering that its been more than 1 day already and still only moved 1cm in dialation. I was exausted already and I said to Jeffrey lets do the epidural, I cant handle the pain anymore and im exausted. Anethetist called to come.
    1.30am - Epidural administered, instant pain relief ahhhhh.
    2-4am - Syntocin up to full and having really strong contractions, internal fetal monitor put in and catheter.
    4am - Baby heartbeat went really low from 130 to 80 at peaks of contractions and Jeffrey and I started to really panic this is what happened to Jeffrey's cousin's wife and the cord was wrapped around the baby's head 3 times. so we called the midwife. They didnt seem too worried but we were. I asked them to do internal.
    4.30am - Internal examination - 8cm dialated!!! YAY thank god for that, finally I thought chance for vaginal birth and shall be soon hopefully.
    4.30am - 8.30am - sleep
    8.30am - Michele does internal, Im fully dialated YAY!! BUT Julia is not in the right position and is too high and rotated 45 degrees, all of us exausted, Michele said for me to turn to another position and see if Julia gets in the correct position for vaginal birth. I listen to hypnobirthing and give Julia positive affirmations to get her moving.
    9-11am - I try and rest but I feel sick as a dog and cannot breathe and am really dizzy, I guess this is transition I felt like I was going to die. Listened to Hypnobirthing to help me breathe thank god for that as I dont know what I would have done without it.
    11am - I call the midwife, I want my OB now, get Michele now.!!! I feel like Im going to pass out
    11.30am - Michele finally arrives, we try to put the baby down the birth canal. After 5 pushes and no movement, Michele says that I could try once more to push however there is a bone in the way in my pelvis that she can feel and she is still too high to have a vaginal birth. I said I couldnt push anymore I felt like I was going to pass out. So Emergency Ceasearan called for.
    12pm - Jeffrey and Mum get ready for the operating theatre. I asked Tam to stay with my stuff and wait until I return after the birth. Tam moves into my new room for after the delivery.
    12.30pm - Im prepped for the c/s, I am happy to finally be so close to Julia's birth and so looking forward to meeting her. I still felt very ill and focussed on my breathing and saying positive affirmations to myself and Julia telling her everything will be fine and we will both be healthy and happy and I will meet her really soon. Jeffrey said he thought I was very disorientated and kept repeating same words (like Im going to see you real soon Julia) over and over. During the procedure all I felt was tugging and I was crying so my nose was blocked and my ear and jaw were sore from laying down on my back so Jeffrey and Mum were massaging it for me.

1.05am - Julia is born!!! and they lifted her up over the screen and took her away to get looked at, I didnt hear her cry which what felt like ages, finally heard her cry, what a relief. They finally handed her to me she was put on my chest! ahh so beautiful and cute I couldnt stop crying!!!.
    2pm - was taken to recovery
    3pm - back in the ward room with Julia, Jeffrey, Mum and Tammy, how excellent!!!

What a delivery, Im so happy to have a beautiful healthy little girl she is so beautiful and thank god for looking after me and Julia.

Thank you all for reading this long story about my beautiful girl's birth. Thank you so much Jeffrey, Mum and Tam for all your support and massaging and hand holding throughout the whole birth, I couldnt have done it without you.

Bel
    xxx

Last edited by *Belle*; September 30th, 2006 at 05:56 PM.

Ah, such a cute little face! Well done - hope the next few weeks go well
    It's so helpful to read such a detailed birth story...thanks!

Oh Belle that was lovely, hun! Its so amazing, isnt it? And she'e so cute!

Belle, what a long time you had sweety. But I'm sure you'll agree that she was so worth the wait. Julia is just gorgeous hun, you did a great job.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

Now we really must catch up again so I can have a cuddle of your beautiful little girl

Hi bel

Thanks for sharing your wonderful birth story.. You are amazing and strong to have laboured so long. I was exhausted just reading your story!

all the best as you settle in with your precious Julia

xoxo

She really is adorable , What a great story thanks for sharing...You really seem like a positive person after all you went thru...Good on you, well done i say...

Thanks so much girls for your wonderful words of support.

Ally, means a lot you said that, I would be happy to have another baby but have to have c/s in future which is fine.

Bel
    xxx

skorpy Guest

she is so cute Congratulations

Great Birth story and a Nice date to be born,on my Wedding Anniversary
    Last edited by skorpy; October 1st, 2006 at 04:59 PM.

great work belle, you should be so proud of yourself, well done

oh belle, how beautiful!! you did such a great job

wow what an amazing story it must have been so full on you have done so well she is absolutely adorable !!1 CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations again Bel. It sounds like you made a fantastic effort to bring Julia into the world. What a trooper! In the end it's all worth it isn't it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Congratulations Belle! I am amazed at how well you coped with such a long labour, and staying so positive! I hope I can do the same!

Jo
    xx

Thanks so much girls, Im trying to be positive! shes such a gorgeous little girl! I love her so much! thanks for all your support. Humphrey, thanks so much for your advice and support you are wonderful, when I can drive we must catchup sometime hopefully my scar will heal in 2 weeks time or so.

Bel
    xxx