Thread: Liam's Birth

spiddles Guest

Default Liam's Birth

My waters broke just as I was about to go to bed around 11ish on Wednesday night. DH rang the hospital as I wasnt sure if it was that as it was a big gush just leaks.

Got to the hospital and was told was defiantly the waters that had broke and I would be a mummy within 24 hours. At that stage I had no contractions. Was on monitor for about an hour and then sent off to a ward.

An hour later started having contractions so no sleep for me. About 7ish I was taken into the birthing suit and DH was called back in as I was in tears by then and I donít think the midwife believed me I was having contractions as were all over the place and lasting different times and my belly wasnít hard.

At 9 was given an internal and was only 2cms dilated so was induced (they said you can wait upto 24 hours once your waters breaks to see if you develop naturally but I couldnít take it was tired enough already.

At 11 was given another internal an was 7 cm dilated. The only pain relief I had at this time was the gas which was making me sick and I threw up over the midwife. My parents had also just arrived to check on me.

At 11:30 was in so much pain and asked for a shot of pethidine as was told I would have another 3-4 hours to go as hadnít reached stage 2 yet. Was so tired and wanted to lie down and midwife didnít really want me to do this but let me anyway as long as I laid on my side with a pillow inbetween. Contractions were still all over the place lasting different times. All I could say to DH was help and he was like with what and I just kept saying everything.

By 12 I had the urge to push and all the midwife could say was donít push you have a long way to go conserve your energy and she started to fill out paperwork. My parents were still in birthing suit as could stay until just before delivery but they ended up getting to see it all. By 12:12 Liam had arrived. Had the urge to push so I did. Midwife didnít see it coming (didnít even see the head crown) DH was frantically searching for a pair of gloves for her and another midwife to assist. Midwife told me afterwards had never seen anything like this especially from a person who didnít have an epidural and was really lucky that only needed to have 1 stitch.

Spiddles, thank you for sharing your story with us. That's amazing that you only needed 1 stitch!

Congrats!

Congratulations on the birth of little Liam!!!!!!!!! (He is just beautiful!!!! O )
    Thankyou for sharing your story too!!

Great story Spiddles.

I know how you feel with the midwives not taking you seriously. I got sent home from my midwife appointment the day before Brandon was born and told to come back when my contractions were under 5mins apart. Well, I had him at home in the bath, because they never got that close. I pushed when I felt like it, and told DP he'd better call an ambulance, after I felt Brandon crowning! DP caught himself, because no one else was here, no gloves or anything.

It's amazing how resilient the human body is isn't it? I didn't need stitches. Did you use any breathing or anything?

Congratulations Spiddles!

A fantastic story, thanks Spiddles!

Jess

carmen Guest

Thanks for the story Spiddles and I look forward to catching up with you in the newborn forum.

Carmen

Congratulations Spiddles. What a fantastic story. Dont you had midwifes that don't believe you are in labour. I had one of those as well, at least she listened though when i said I had to push LOL

Love :hbeat:

Melinda Guest

Well done Spiddles and thanks for sharing your story!!

thanks for sharing your story spiddles!!

cngratulations

take care
    Lesley

Grrr to some midwives, do they not think that we know "our" bodies better than anyone else!

Congratulations on the birth of Liam and thanks for sharing your story!

Jo

What an amazing story, thanks for sharing Spiddles

Great story Spiddles, Thanks for sharing it with us.

Take care
    Trish