Thread: Lily's pain free birth

lilyd Guest

Default Lily's pain free birth

On the 18th October (my husbands 44th birthday), as he was opening his presents in bed at 7am, I felt a small pop and found a small pool of fluid, in great excitement we thought this was it, 2 weeks earlier than my due date. We got our 9 year old son off to school, called the birthing centre and headed in, only to find out at 5pm after an internal that it was only the hindwater (which I had never heard of) behind the baby's head that had broken and that my water had not actually broken at all, they actually did an ultrasound and told me I had an olympic size pool of fluid in there! After a long day waiting around for the internal, we came home at 8.30pm, at 9pm my water broke with an absolute flood, I never knew you could lose so much fluid (so glad it didn't happen when I was out), so again got our son organised and headed back to hospital, only to find that there wasn't a contraction to be found. I must have gone up and down every step in the hospital 20 times and walked probably more that morning than I had done in my whole pregnancy and life basically!. It had worked when I had Jack, not this time however. We went back home again. On the 20th October at 2am I started getting contractions about 20 minutes apart, I called the birthing centre at 7am when they were 5 minutes apart. Got in there at 7.10am, and was strapped to the foetal monitor for 30 minutes, not the most comfortable place to be having strong contractions, but I can always remember the midwife I had with Jack who told me that there is no need for an "undignified birth" (*****), however she also taught me that I should tell myself with each contaction that I am a step closer to meeting my baby and that my breathing should be slow and deep (sounds ****y I know) but it worked very well. At 7.45am I got into the shower, and leant over a chair on my knees, 5 minutes after that when only my husband and myself were there I told him I wanted to push, he pressed the buzzer but no-one came so he went to get someone, while he was out for less than a minute mind you I gave one push and Lily came sliding into my arms, luckily I caught her, I was stunned, no pain, nothing. The midwifes and my husband came back into the room and there I was sitting on the tiles holding my gorgeous girl. I had nearly the exact same experience with my son, wonderful pregnancy and great labour. Lily weighed 5lb 12oz and has tonnes of jet black hair, she is beautiful. \/

Wow what a fantastic story.
    I only hope my labour goes as well as yours did!

Melinda Guest

That's an amazing birth story! Well done on bringing your beautiful little girl Lily into the world!!

what a wonderful story and a great birth !!!!!!!!!! Well done to you all and welcome to the world Lily.

Love

That is a great story and it must have been a wonderful birth.
    Congratulations to you both.

wow thats amazing, must of been great being pain free!!

take care
    Lesley

What an amazing birth!! Congratulations!

That sounds like a fantastic birth! How proud you must of felt!

What a great job you have done. You must be so very proud of yourself. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care
    Trish

wow, congratulations! You lucky bugger, hope my labour is as carefree as that!

Wow what a great story! Don't we all wish every birth could be like that!

Bon

Thanks for sharing such a great story. I only hope that my labor and birth is like that.

katanya Guest

What an inspiring story, great to read one that had no complication and a better than expected outcome! I don't know how many of us are designed to give birth as easily as you..you lucky thing!

Scarlett Guest

WOW- your story is really inspirational, hope my labour goes as well.

Hi LilyD

Just a reminder that photos are not permitted within the forums. It is fine to put a link to a photo but no actual photo themselves. So I have had to remove your post with the photo in it.

Love