Thread: Little LEROY'S arrival.

Default Little LEROY'S arrival.

Bit late but better late than never.

5/11/05, I wake up around 8 am and decide I could go some pancakes from maccas for brekkie, so decide not to wake hubby but to get changed and go on my own (he didn't want me going out on my own as I was a week over and every one except me was panicky).

I get changed and as I am putting undies on feel something strange on my leg, with that I bolt to the hall way where I have polished floor boards (as I didn't want to ruin my new carpert) and there it is my waters break, I start to panic as this is my first baby and I see how much water is there and PANIC, I think something must be wrong as I couldn't believe so much water and also no pain. I then wake hubby who thank god was as calm as can be (normally he is the emotional one) and we then get our stuff and on way to hospital. I cry all the way as I was sooo scared, when we get to the hospital they check me out and send me home until the contractions start, which happened about midday. By now my mum and dad (who is also a big sook with my hubby) are here and we all spend the afternoon riding the contractions out. By 5pm they are 3mins apart and all I want to do is sit outside and ride them out I do not want top go to the hospital as the pain is easier when sitting, so I get stubborn and will not stand up. My dad then panics and comes outside with all the bags in hand and says he is going to the hospital now even if I am not : )
    So with that we all go.
    My hubby is still really calm, we get to the hospital and by now I am in what I think is the worst pain ever every 2 mins, the midwife checks me out says I am only 3cm dialated?. From here it gets a bit blurry as I was given the gas (even though I didn't want it), I tried many birthing positions and the midwives were great trying to help me the best they could, After what seems like forever I am told I am 5 cm, I think that was around 10-11, and then bang at around midnight fully dialated and time to push. I push, and push, and push (now knowing this pat\rt is the worst pain ever) again trying everything, after approx an hour and a half of that I demand to see a doctor and I think the nurse got a shock as I pretty much hadn't said a word since 6pm except to tell my hubbie, mum and dad I either needed water or to stop taking photos before I kill some one : ).

The nurse told me she could see the head so there was no need to get the doc, I new that my baby was not coming in to the world this way as I was giving it all I had and nothing was happening. The doc comes in after about another 20 mins and says to the nurse the baby is stuck and I must go for emergency c section. I am relieved as I could feel it wasn't right.

I then fell in love with the lovely lady who gave me a spinal block as the pain stopped instantly.

Then our baby was born..6/11/05...... And the beggining of this story all forgotten. My husband and I both crying and crying as this was the moment of our lives.

The only sad thing is my poor parents went through the whole thing with us and then missed him actually arriving I wished they could have been there.

After all that I would got through that another 20 times as long as Leroy was the prize at the end.

Jules[/url]

Janie Guest

Thanks for sharing your story Jules - love the part about your dad goign to hospital without you (I can imagine my dad doing the same!).

Congratulations on your little arrival.

Aw Jules that is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your story! :flower:

Thankyou for sharing your story and congratulations again!

What a great story!

Glad things turned out fine in the end. You forget about it all pretty quickly don't ya!

Congratulations Jules on the arrival of Leroy (love the name BTW!)

Thanks all, it is funny how you forget, everyone said that I would and I just couldn't imagine I would.

Jules

Congratulations Jules,

I loved what you said about going through the same thing 20times over if your little man Leroy was the prize at the end!
    Well Done.

Thanks for sharing your story...Congratulations

Jo

mizzsocial Guest

Awwww great story!!

Congrats!!

What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it with us.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Jules that was beautiful!Your birth story sounds quite similar to mine!

On ya Dad! Geez, my dad just went back to bed when I told him I was in labour....but then again he had done it SIX times before!!

congratulations!