Thread: Lucy Alys VERY LONG and detailed!

lucysmummie Guest

Talking Lucy Alys VERY LONG and detailed!

Well while my little lucy is getting some hard earned rest I will tell you my story...

Apart from morning sickness up until 26weeks and then chucking every now and then, my pregnancy was going smoothly. Until I was diagnosed with a pulomonary embolism (blood clot in my right lung) at 31weeks. From then on I was to have an injection (ouchie) daily until well and truly after I was to have the baby. I was also to be induced at 38 and a half weeks.

I had a terible Obstertritian, he had aweful bedside manner but I just coped with the outcome of my appointments.

At 36weeks I was doing my husbands, best friends, mums hair for the last time before I was to become a mummy. We sat down to eat some dinner and I started having these grinding pains in my pelvis which I just thought was the babies head moving. BUT they were coming every 5min... was this it??? So early??? I rang the hospital and because I was a high risk pregnancy and had to be carfully monitored because of the medication I was on they told me to come straight in. The very orginised parents to be that we were hadnt even thought of packing the bags early....SO danny frantically, with a big smile on his face, ran around the house like a mad man packing little things he thought we would need, while I was counting the contractions reasurring my self they actually were coming every 5mins!

We got to the hospital and I was put on the CTG monitor. The midwife came in, looked, and said she was pretty ceratin I would go into labour soon as these looked like early stages. All night I was up and down the contractions were still coming but nothing ever eventuated. The next day a lady came in and asked if they could do some scans on my pelvis as im only tiny, not shy of 4"11... they did the scans and they came back as saying I wouldnt be able to push this baby into the world anyway. So I was booked in for a c-section the next tuesday... with a huge frown on his gorgeous face, danny took me home for the last time without a baby! NEXT time, we said, we are NOT coming out of that place without a little bubba!

That thursday I had a check up appointment with the dreaded Obstertritian he saw all of his appointments before me, I waited 4hours to get in to see him and afterwards we found out why. As soon as we walked in he didnt even say hello he just started lecturing me and mum about the fact that the scans that were done were outdated and are not scientifically proven. He thought it was stupid I was going to have a c-section so early, that there is a high risk of my baby having breathing problems and risk of me hemmoraging because I was on blood thinning agents. So he cancelled the c-section.

On wednesday night 26th July at 8:00pm we went in to get induced. I had stopped my injections 24hours before and we were ready for action! The first doctor came in and saw me, she did an examination and said my cervix was quite soft. she inserted the first lot of gels and warned me that it might not happen tonight. They sent danny home to get some rest whilst I had aweful irregular contractions all night. I couldnt sleep and was msging my mum and danny all night. at 7 the next morning danny came in all sunny and bright while I had a grumble bum face on because nothing had happened. The next doctor came in at 8am and inserted the next set of gels and said something should happen this time. So danny spent the day rubbing my back helping me through the pain while we watched the T.V. And trust me i was already ready for an epidural!

At 3pm the next doctor came in to check me and said still nothing had happened, so he went off to ask the heamatologist what they planned to do as i was off the blood thinning agents for 48 hours now and in risk of getting a blood clot! I had pretty much had it by now and was ready to pack my bags and go home! all that pain fornothing! My mum came in for support and made the doctors do something! they inserted another set of Gels and said that was the last set if it doesnt work we are looking at a c-section! I was pretty cranky by now and THEN they had the ordassidy to tell me to put on the cirulation stockings so I wouldnt clot again which made me itch and sweat!! meanwhile I was having contractions every 2mins and they were pretty strong by now so they moved me up to delivery.

When I got to delivery suite I was put in a room and hooked up to the CTG monitor which really bugged me cause I HAD to have it on the WHOLE labour! I was getting full on contractions by now going in and out of the shower walking, sitting, jumping, u name it I did it cause NOTHING took away the pain! It was about 9pm by now and I got out of the spa cause THAT did nothing and told the midwife I needed to be checked! she checked me and.....and ..... and..... NOTHING ABSOLUTLY NOTHING! I was devestated, shattered, absolutly PI$$ED! AND she had the NERVE to tell a IN PAIN FOR NOTHING CRANKY labouring woman that nothing was going to happen tonight and that I would be looking at getting a c-section in the morning!

With tears in both of our eyes we said a little prayer. I sent danny home to get some rest as we would most definatly be in for a big day tomorrow. The midwives changed shifts THANK GOD! and I got a midwife who I saw when I was in at 36wks, so I was very pleased as she was a gem her name was cathy and chris was helping her! she told me to get some rest and call her if I needed anything as she was very busy with babies that night but would do anything I needed her to. I was dozing off to sleep, still having contractions mind you, when all of a sudden I heard this POP in my belly followed by a gush of water. I sprung up from my bed in total embarressment thinking I had just wet my pants not thinking it might be my waters as i was expecting them to break them once i stared to dialate! I got off the bed to look for the buzzer and the water kept flushing. Cathy frantically popped her head in and I just blurted out "I think my waters just broke!" we were so excited I jumped in the shower to clean up and called danny who had just settled down at home to have a tea and some baked beans on toast! he was so excited he only took 10mins to get back into the hospital!

Once danny had got in and I had settled down a bit cathy checked me and I was already 3-4cm and was MORE than ready for some DRUGS Although I had planned on it being a natural birth in the begining I had, had NO sleep since wednesday night and just wanted 5mins sleep! she came in with the pethadine to start me off which took the edge off I spose... I kept going through thinking this baby was only hours away. Neither of us slept that night, being hooked up to the drip and CTG monitor was really [email protected]!

It was about 3am, I buzzed cathy and told her I NEEDED a epidural she was off like a man on fire only to be back within minutes telling me that the heamotologist hadnt thought about me needing an epidural and that there was NO way I was getting one cause they could hit a heamatoma and could end up parilized. I WAS furious! I started balling my eyes out to the cathy and chris telling them I havent had sleep since wednesday and I was exausted. I even suggested they take me straight up to give me a c-section but even if they did that danny wouldnt be allowed to come in because I would have to be under general and they would only do it in the case of acute emergency because I was at risk of hemmoraging! SO with every contraction from then until the birth I cried! I screamed at danny I CANT do this I NEED to go home NOW! it was horrible there was nothing no one could do I was just simply going to have to do this with dannys help and thats it!

Cathy came in and suggested gas I was like forget it I couldnt think of anything worse! so I just soldiered on..the midwives changed shift, well we thought cathy was an angel when Ros came in we had no idea what we were in for! She was absolutly amazing! she firstly came in and sat very quietly next to danny and they had a cup of tea together trying not to wake me up as I fel asleep between 2minute contractions and when I did they were divine! from then on with every contraction she helped me through telling me to blow it out and not hold it in which really helped cause everytime I had a contraction I would roll up into a ball and just wish for it to be over! all of a sudden I got the urge to push! finally something was happening! she checked me at about 7am and I was 8-9cm! nearly there! I had a hairlip over my cervix so with a few contractions she pushed it over and we were ready for this baby to come out!

It was about 10am by now and another midwife came in with Ros they set everything up and told me to start to push when I needed to! I was like you cant be serious! I started to close my legs, I wasnt ready for this AT ALL! I told them I was going home, they were starting to worry because I wasnt pushing enough due to exausment! Ros told me to change positions as I kept closing my legs.so they put the back of the bed up and I lent over it on all fours! I Really REALLY REALLY REALLY did not want to push I dont know what over came me I was just wanting to go home at this point and go to sleep but knew that wasnt going to happen so I just started to let it all go and push for dear life! with every contraction I pushed 3 times and everyone was SO supportive they kept egging me on! Danny was there rubbing my back and pouring water on my head and back, it helped a little but I really cant remeber that much (thank God) the next couple of minutes were such a blur I dont know where to continue.... all I remeber was shouting "USE the forceps" "GET IT OUT" and then "OMIGOODNESS ITS BURNING!!!!" suddenly the pain was releived and they yelled "the head is out" I felt her moving in me which was SO weird but so serreal! all of a sudden the midwives yanked her ? am i going to die now? so I asked what was happening? they said everything was fine and I was like am I bleeding??? I didnt know what to think??? THEN I realised I didnt hear A cry I didnt hear anything I didnt even know the baby was actually out! so I started to ask what was wrong cause my midwife was crying. Apparently the baby was blue and not breathing. by this time I didnt even know what it was so I asked danny and he looked over at the table and he said "I think its a girl?" I told him to not tease me like that as he knew I wanted a girl! the midwife took him over because he couldnt tell what it was as it was so swollen! Its a Girl! he said and I was just so exausted I didnt really know how to act. So I said "Quick ring mum" so danny got on the phone and just started baling his eyes out. Mum was down stairs in the caffe and was there since 7am not to our knowlege! so she came straight up! by then they had put lucy in a humidcrib thing to take her away as her breathing was still irregular. I didnt even get to hold her until she started looking better so instead of taking her away they let me hold her for the first time and give her a little suckle. Mum came in crying her eyes out and the first thing I said to her was, "I was naked the whole labour" because I actually had planned clothes to labour in because I was self concious but that of course went out the door!

Then my bestfriend rang me crying because she had heard the news and was so proud...

I could not of done it without everones support expecially dannys! and all the girls from Bellybelly.com
    I really struggled with going through with the birth naturally because I had already dismissed the fact I was not going to push my little bubba into the world naturally when I was told I was going to be getting a c-section. Being induced was quite a difficult experience but I still cant beleive Im sitting here now a proud mummy of one gorgeous little girl

Lucy Alys
    born
    3.095kgs
    Head circumferance - 34cm
    length - 49cm

And I swear the moment she met me she smiled!

Thank you for reading my story!

about time you wrote this story!!! what a beautiful princess

Finally!!! Thanks Leah, what a wonderful story, and what a beautiful outcome... SHe's a princess

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Leah - a well told story and it brought tears to my eyes- congratulations you did a great job after all you went through.

Wow Thanks Leah,

What a wonderful story!

Love Sarah xx

lucysmummie Guest

YAY im glad you liked it girls thanks (((flower))) I needed to get it off my chest!

Leah that was a good read. Well done, I'm glad your little Lucy arrived safely. And LOL at being naked the whole time.

Fraser Guest

That was great Leah - bought back heaps of memories - you did a great job - you poor thing - all worth it in the end.

Have you caught up on the sleep yet?? ha ha!

Yay Shinee, Great story, I have been waiting for you to write this!!!

Awww sweetie, you did so well!!!!

Leah what an experience hun. Well done to you. Birthing naked and all

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I loved reading your birth story - I can totally relate to the naked thing. It's just the sort of thing I would say at that moment too!! What a trooper you were... I'll bet she's all worth it