Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 21, 2007 - ~Blob has arrived~

Default March 21, 2007 - ~Blob has arrived~

Hey all! Thanks For your Congrats! So happy she is finally here!!!

My labour was long and exhausting but well worth it... Blob just couldn't decided what she wanted to do~

Had stretch and sweep wednesday - lost mucus plug that afternoon... I started having realy bad back pain from thursday morning, but no contrax so just stayed at home and tried to rest as much as possible, not that i got any sleep thursday night... By friday contractions started up painful and regualar so we decided to front up to the hospital that was at 11oclock, they got me on the monitors and contrax were 6mins apart - so they did an internal to see if i was progressing, i was 3cm's dilated, so they gave me the option of staying at the hospital and getting settled in or going home - midwife was pretty sure it was going to happen in the next 24hours. So we decided to go shopping and visiting friends hehe! (i hate hospitals)...

Was at a friends house, when contractions where getting closer and closer together, down to one min apart, so thought is best tohead straight back to hosp... Got there - had to go straight into birthing room and get redressed into their lovely hospital gowns~

4.00pm friday - they hooked me up to the monitors (started contrax at 2 mins apart) and left, by the time they came back contractions were every 10 mins! I was not happy lolz! They did an internal (now u would think with all these contractions they would be doing something) well nope, i was still only 3cm dilated. So they gave me the option of going home or staying in again, because i hadn't slept since wednesday night, they gave me some sleeping pills and pain killers and sent me home to rest in hope i would get a couple of hours.

I went home took pills and layd down, was only down for half an hour before i was up again with painful contractions. But this time i was determine to stay home till i absolutly had to go to the hospital (considering my mums a nurse and we are only 15mins away i felt pretty safe doing this) So i manage to last untill 3.30am saturday morning when i just couldn't handle it (is was a back labour was particulary very painful) we went back to hosp wherei was pushed back into the birthroom and into the lovely nighty.

4.30am sat - They did an internal and i started to cry when they told me i was 4cm's dilated (12 hours later an only moved one cm) By this stage i was absolutly exhausted! They decided to break my waters then in hope to get things moving along...

Contractions started up i think they were like every 5 minutes (not to sure) and were very painful - i was on the gas for a suck but it made me really sick and out of it and didn't like hte feeling so threw it back at the midwife when she tried to give it too me again...

11am sat - did internal to see how far i was i had moved a whole cm! 5cm dilated at this stage and about ready to give up i was exhausted and in heaps of pain just telling them to get her out... So they put the drip in! Omg that just got things moving hard and fast - i'm pretty sure i screamed at alot of midwifes here telling them to give me drugs but they didn't listen for some reason... (I had pleaded with them all earlier not to even if I beg, lol)

Because she was lying on my back there was no way i could labour in bed, so was on all fours, untill mw got this little potty seat on the floor which made things alot easier, finally i could see blob comming out (had a mirroe) that was amazing then when her head was fully out, mw told me to put my hands down and grap her!!! So technically i got to deliver my own blob! Which was just the most amazing extrodinary experiance ever. By the time she was in my arms i had forgotten all about the pain~

Izzy came out a wonderful 8pounds6ounces (did not see that one comming) lol... and 55cm long~ She has all 10 fingers and 10 toes, and is absolutly perfet.

I did get one continous stitch - which hurts like hell lolz, but well worth it!~

I was comming home monday but they notice she was jaundice, and her levels were high, so we wer'nt allowed, she had to go under the light, which was alot more distressing for mum then what it was for izzy... And now she'z on 3hourlsy feeds which is very tiring... But we're home noe and slowly settling in...

And now i have to go because she needs to be woken up for her feed... Night ladies, Take care~

Thanks for sharing your story!

Wow, Cass Congratulations!! thanks for sharing your story. You did great.

CONGRATULATIONS CASS!!!
    You did soooooo well!!! That was AWESOME

Enjoy your little Princess Izzy

xoxoxoxoxox

Congratulations! Finally Izzy has arrived!

I thought as soon as I didntsee you on MSN you maybe pushing and hoping Im so glad you and bubs are doing fine congrats to you both!!

Congratulations Cass. Well done on a great birth story.

sounds like a tuff labour, but like you said, its well worth it ey!!! thanks for sharing your story and congrats. xoox

Congratulations Cass once again on the safe arrival of your little princess.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

Thankz Girlz!

i'm getting asked alot about the pain of labour... but to tell the truth i can't remember the pain that much - i know it hurts - and its gonna take a while before i want to do it agian! But the feeligs i remember is an overwhelming rush of love and pride and happiness when i grapped izzy on to me... Thats the best feeling in the world! and one i don't think i will ever forget~

A big congates on your DD, what a long birth you had, as you said the memory of the birth goes , as soon as you hold your baby in your arms, it is so worth it.

Congratulations again, Cass. Thanks for sharing your story. How awesome that you got to catch your own baby!

gigi01 Guest

Great birth story Cass - congratulations on your beautiful Izzy! And well done to you going through such a LONG and (by the sounds of it completely exhausting) labour!!!!

Gigi

DUE ANZAC DAY!

Thanks for sharing Cass - what a great job you did!

Cass, SUCH a long labour, what a champion you are! I loved the fact you could catch Izzy yourself, that's so empowering. I know what you mean about the memory of the pain fading (but I also don't really feel like doing it again right this minute LOL)

Wow, Reminiscing it brings a tear to my eye. This doesn't seem this long ago... My perfect princess - perfect then even more perfect now!

Huge congrats huni xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast