Thread: my amazing birth an pics

Default my amazing birth an pics

My birth story from my eyes
    For about a week I had been having a few cakes an pains an was getting a bit uncomfortable I thought baby must of moved head down I felt like he had dropped right into place. Well sure enough on Friday the 11th of November I had an appointment with my midwife Maralin she said his head was well down an he was in positionís asked her to sweep my membranes because my dad was flying out on Sunday an I didnít want him to miss the birth. She said'' I can try but I donít think youíll be diahlated an there is probably no useĒ she was so exited when she could feel babies head, he was so low an she then gave me the news that I was 4cm dihalated an my cervix was 80% effaced. I thought something was happening with all the cakes pains through the week but was so pleased to fined out it wasnít me going crazy. After hearing that news we proceeded with the appointment Maralin said she thinks she'll be back Friday night or Saturday morning to deliver the baby she was so exited. We booked another appointment just in case for the following Friday but she didnít think Iíd make it. Well Friday night passed a Saturday, followed by Sunday nothing yet. I phoned Marilin on Sunday night to find out if I could still take the kids swimming on the Monday she said ''you'll be fine go ahead but I really think you wont make it'' So Monday came an no baby we took the kids swimming and they had fun. Monday night Daniel an Erin went to the city to drop some stuff at daddies work they left about 7:30pm an Jacob went to bed I watched a movie an got some me time before Erin an daddy returned at about 11:30pm. By the time we put Erin to bed a got in to be our selfís it was 12:00pm I finally fell asleep only to be woken at 12:55pm needing to got to the toilet.

On the way to the toilet I thought Iíd wet my self but it was then followed by contractions a being my 3rd baby I new that was it, it was happening. So I walked around a bit till 1:40am a thought no this is it its happening they're getting stronger a closer together I donít want everyone to miss it. So went to wake Daniel an said this is it can u start filling the pool imp going to make some calls. I called Maralin first and said ''GOOD MORNING my waters just broke an contractions are 2 mins apart'' she said ''Iím on her way''. I then phoned mum a said the same thing. She replied with ''can I sleep a few more hours then come down'' I explained to her that there may not be a few hours an she should come now. I then called Jasmin an she left home. I then called ilona an after telling her dad she was going to see puppies be born she left. (well so her dad thought). I then called Aunty Ray who hung up on me but I called her house phone an her battery on her mobile was flat so she was then on her way. Bianca was hard to get a hold of but I rang Bradlys phone and he answered ''asking who is itíí (at 2am) Bianca said ''give me the phone who do u think it would be its 2am she must be in labor''. So she left. I went to tell Daniel that all to phone calls had been made an people were on there way. He finally woke up an said ''oh are you for real I thought I was dreaming should I get up an fill the pool.'' (Oh men they are a lot of help sometimes.)

Jasmin was the first to arrive she managed to have a shower and stop to buy smokes an chat up the guy at the petrol station on her was from safety bay. an she was still the first hear. Then maralin arrived thatís when I started to relax a bit knowing she was there an didn't miss the birth.Maralin listened to bubs heart beat an he was doing great she then just made her self at home an fitted right in. I then went an sat out the front with jasmin an had a smoke I no really norty but my birth I did it my way. Any way then Bianca turned up an sat with us. We then saw a white car drive past about 3 times before we relised it was ilona she hadn't been to my house, but she finally pulled in to the drive way an joined us out the front. At about 2:30am mum an aunty ray still hadnít arrived. Corry was called my back up midwife an she was on her way. Mum arrived with seanne an tegan about 3am an joined in with the party. Then aunty ray about 15 mins after mum. An my back up midwife corry had arrived 5 mins after that. So the party was complete we were just waiting for our little joy to arrive.

The pool had been filled an ready to go so at 3:30am I jumped in. the warm water was so relaxing an everyone was in the room talking to me an making all sorts of conversations. After a bit my contractions started slowing down they were strong but the became every 10 mins apart instead of 2mins. Everyone was asked to leave the room as it was thought that I may be getting stage fright an needed to relax with Daniel an my self for a bit. Well it sort of worked the were getting stronger but still giving me a little rest in between. 3:41am Erin an Jacob woke up Jacob had a bottle an went back to sleep an Erin stayed up an came an said hello to me she was amazing she didnít seemed scared or worried she was relaxed an new her baby brother would be hear soon. At 4:06am I could feel baby move his head down more it was an amazing feeling something I had never felt even with my other births. Then everyone filled the room again an we started doing a quiz that jasmin had got of the internet. Of course I was the smartesed an got most of the answers (thank you Daniel for whispering them in my ear) I can remember one of the questions was ''what is the back of a ship called?'' ''I yelled out my bum'', earlier in the night people had commented on how the pool looked like a boat and was I going to give birth in the front of the boat or the back. I just happened to be sitting at the back when the question was read out. Another question was ''what would you be doing if you were nictating?'' ''Jasmin yelled out no its not smoking jess and you canít have one in the pool''. But your actually blinking if your nictating.So there was a few jokes of the night which kept me an every one else calm an smiley there were a lot of laughs. 4:15am contractions became stronger an 2 to 3 mins apart. An at 4:21am I said ''I donít thinks he's very far away.Ē 4:34am I started doing short pushes with contractions. At 4:46am I felt this amazing pop an babies head dropped, he was right there I put my hand down and could feel babied head it was amazing. Maralin was at the end of the pool just sitting there waiting for my body to do its work.

At 4:51am I yelled ''heís coming were is everyone'', mum an aunty ray were called in from there smoko break an everyone was watching all in amazement that this was about to be all over the miracle of life. I can remember hearing mum ask Marelin if she should check me to see if im ready to start pushing maralin said'' no its herd body she knows what sheís doing'' 5:00am baby was born I reached down an scooped him out of the water having a little peek at his genital to see if he was still a boy thank goodness for that. I raised my knees an placed him on my lap. He was covered in white vertex from being a week early. An he was letting out the most amazing cry a cry that melts your heart. he was butiful his hands were so small his feet an his hole body was tiny. His dad was over the moon he stared getting a bit teary. (ssshhh donít tell any one thought) The joy and the amazing look on his face will always be in my mind for ever. Erin came to say hello to her new brother she was fascinated that he was so tiny an he was finally hear. Her face was glowing with a great big smile from ear to ear. I had a quick look around the room an the hole room was filled with young ladies watching on in amazement an I relised I had given them all an amazing gift they were there to see that child birth isnít an operation, or a another hospital procedure its an amazing stage in a womenís life to be able to bring a child into the world with out doctors an unnecessary medical procedures. An to be able to work with your body an the amazing waves of pain to birth a baby into this world. Even the look on my mums face and my aunty ray who had both been through the fair share of births was amazing to see.

I then had more contractions to birth the placenta my babyís life line. I could feel the placenta right there but it was taking a bit to come out. So daddy cut the cord at 5:30am an took his shirt of and had skin to skin contact with his baby boy. (Erin and Jacob were 4 hours old before he got to hold them an even then it wasnít anything special or for very long). I kept birthing the placenta and watching daddyís face as he looked at his baby in complete amazement. At 5:45am Corry weighed baby he weighed 9 pounds, an no one could believe it he looked so small. An no one the bet, about an hour before he was born people were betting on his weight no one said any thing over about 8 half pounds. An I dint think he'd be that big until I was actually giving birth, I thought he felt bigger then the other two kids. His head circumference was 37cm an he was 54cm long. At 5:55am I birthed the placenta. An jumped into bed an started feeding my little miracle.

We then told every one his name was jayden Daniel marsh. We were planning on calling him Dylan but 2 days before his birth we changed our minds. Every one was a bit shocked because we were so used to calling him Dylan during the pregnancy. He is the most butiful baby in the world an he is such a joy he fits right in to the family with no fuss or bother we all love him so much. The whole birth experience was amazing an I would recommend it to any one it was the most amazing experience for us all and has bought as all closer together in so many different ways. The atmosphere at home has been incredible we are still on a high an he is a week old. I feel blessed in so many ways that I was able to share this amazing experience with my family and friends.
    Last edited by Astrolady; February 6th, 2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: removal of images

Jess, thank you for sharing your home water birth with us. I got to see the images and they were gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

I too had a home waterbirth but mine was also a VBAC. If you want to look at some of my pics here is a link to it Tehya's montage

Congratulations once again on your little man

Jess, that's a wonderful birth story. I wish I could have seen the pictures but you painted it out so vividly with words anyway!

Trish - OMG...just watched your montage. Totally bawling. What a beautiful homebirth.

Becka, thanks hun. Don't want to take over Jess's thread. I have a thread of my own with the montage in it on Labour and Birth

Jess congratulations on the birth of your baby boy Jayden!
    sounds amazing, well done, thanks for sharing ur story

Wow Jess,

What a beautiful story. Glad everything went well.............

Congratulations

thats a beautiful story, how lucky u are to have shared it with everyone also...

What an amazing story!! Sounds like a great way for little Jayden to enter the world!! Congratulations!