Thread: my baby wanted out!

alex c Guest

Default my baby wanted out!

hey guys i had my little girl on the 10/02/06 friday at 4:51pm weight 2.030kgs 4 and a 1/2 weeks early her name is Tiyana and she just couldnt wait 2 step into this world..... It was 4am on the 10/02/06 i was asleep when i got like a mild period pain in my belly i didnt think much of it until about 10 minutes later i got another one.I got up out of bed to go toilet as i was on the toilet i felt as though my wee was never ending so i had a look and tried to stop my wee from coming out but couldnt it was just trickling so i yelled out to dave and told him that i think my waters have broken but he didnt belive me because i still had another 4 and a 1/2 weeks to go until my due date.the trickling stopped so i put on my undies to go get a pad when this gush of water came out again i began to panic but dave was so calm and told me to ring the hospital and see what they say,the nurse told me to come in as i was only 35 weeks pregnant...Driving to the hospital i was a bundle of nerves and started crying because i was so scared... Arriving at the birthing unit they told me to put on another pad as they needed to check and make sure that my waters had broken.They sure did break as the pad turns a different colour...the nurse came over and told me she had to start me on antibiotics just incase i got an infection...they put a monitor on my belly to check babies heart rate and to see if i was having contractions...... They transferd me to a ward so i could relax but that just didnt happen my contractions were 6 minutes apart and i was coping...then as they became 4-5 minutes apart i was on all fours on the bed getting dave to rub my back as it eased abit of the pain...I called the nurse over and asked for some sort of drug and she gave me panadene forte but i gaged cos i cant swallow tablets so i didnt end up taking anything and told the nurse if i could be moved down stairs as i need something eles like gas... They put me in a wheel chair and down to the birth centre were they did an internal to check how many cm i was dilated...i was 5 cms and by this time the contractions were 3 min apart and this was the stage that it started becoming unbearable and i asked for gas i had 2 puffs and just could not take to it as it leaves a yuk taste in your mouth...so i decided i wasnt going to have any drugs as there was a risk cos baby was small...I could not lie on the bed as it made me frustrated i decided to get in the shower so the midwife had one hose on my belly and Dave had the other one on my back...i was in there for what seemed like ages...The midwife went and got a mirror so she could check to see if she could see the head as i started getting the urge to push it was uncontrolable...i had to get out of the shower and go back to the room cos i was ready to push her out...i was in a squat position and over the bed holding Daves hands and everytime i pushed i got a really bad burning feeling down there but the midwife said she could see the head crowning and to keep at it...Dave had a look and came back over to me putting ice in my mouth and wiping down my face with a face washer and as i looked up Dave was crying and he never cries so i was wiping his face instead it was such an emotional experiance...as i was pushing i heard the midwife say your almost there one more push but that one more push turned out to be another 3 pushes and out came her head and the midwife was calling Dave over to watch and just as he got to the otherside of the bed she slid out and the pain was all gone i turned around and kept on asking what is it and when Dave looked at me he goes ITS A GIRL with tears strolling down his face it was amazing he cut the cord and they wiped her up and put Tiyana into his arms...i had a nurse too but not for very long cos they had to take her to special care nursery cos she was only very little..... my labour took 12 hrs from when my waters broke and i had no drugs or no stiches ...... Back at the special care nursery was the most hardests things that me and hubbie had to go through in our lives she was put in a humidicrib with monitors on her and i had to sleep upstairs on my own and seeing all the mothers with their babies made me heart broken..The next day i went down stairs to see that they had put Tiyana in a normal cot i was so happy...but then everything went down hill from there they had to put a feeding tube through her nose then back into the humidiccib cos she wasnt maintaning her own body temp then she started becoming jittery and so they did a head ultrasound on her brain cos they thought her brain might of been bleeding( that can cause jittering )came back clear then Tiyana stopped breathing on us and they had to put the oxygen mask on to get her going again thats when they decided to do an xray on her chest to see if there was any infection( that can cause the breathing to stop )and that came back and they told us that she had to start antibiotics as they have found something there it could of been caused from the after birth or her milk could of got there they didnt know....they put a canula in her arm and that was heart breaking enough to see let alone the tube in her nose...we were both in hospital for 11 days and then we got to go home together they ended up doing another xray and said that most of the pnumonia had gone......we are both at home now and enjoying each others company.....

WOW! AlexC, Sounds like that was Amazing birth, So scary when they are so little though. Glad all is ok now and hope you are both recovering well.
    Take Care

I'm so glad that you have your beautiful baby in your arms now at home and hope you are both recovering well
    take care

I'm so glad everything has worked out well for you. Congratulations on your brand new baby! =D> =D>

wow what an emotional rollercoaster for you to begin with, Congratulations and gald to hear all is going well

Oh wow Alex, I am so glad Tiyana is ok and is now home with you. I can only imagine how hard it was seeing her in that humidicrib with those tubes.

Thank you for sharing your birth story with us and congratulations.