Thread: My boys birth stories

Default My boys birth stories

I thought I might share my boys birth stories..

Ethan john 30th july 1999
    I found out I was pregnant on the 1st December 1998. I had a very unevenful and great pregnancy. I was borderline GD towards the end but all was great. At week 38 my BP started to go up so I was monitored daily. I was then told as my BP was not really going down I would be induced on the 28th ( my husbands birthday ) We went up bright and early but the Maternity ward was full. They asked me if I wanted to be induced or go home and even though I was very keen to meet my baby I was suddenly scared and chose to go home We were expected back the following morning

THursday the 29th came. I had started getting pain on the wednesday night and they lasted all night at 5 mins apart but I wasn't sure it was labour . We were hooked up to minotors to check bub and the midwife informed me labour had indeed started oni ts own This was at around 8am.
    All day long my contractions were 5 mins apart. We went for a walk and had lunch well I didn't because I just didn't feel like eating. Around 12 I felt really emotional so I went back to my bed. I stayed there for ages just feeling pretty darn miserable for myself. At 6pm after many tears they took me to the labour ward.

I don't know what my dilation was as I don't remember the midwife checking that much. looking back she was great she obviously knew things were going fine as she just left me to it. A very uninterrupted labour. I also had my mum with me so between mum and my husband I felt supported..

Around 10pm I was told it was time to start pushing. This was so much better then contractions..

At 12:10am on the 30th July 1999 My little man Ethan John was born weighing 8lb 13oz an 48 cm long. He was so gorgeous and I was just so overwhelmed. I didn't really get to know Ethan till the following morning at 5am when I was woken to feed him. I went back to bed at 3am and to be honest I don't know where he went after this lol.. But at 5am they woke me to feed him and I suddenly felt very wide awake and totally in love

this is a link to Ethan life from birth to now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSo3MoNZmZM

Isaac Arnne 24th September 2003

I found out we were finally expecting baby number 2 after a loss a year prior on February the 7th 2003. It was another unevenful pregnancy right up to 28 weeks. At 28 weeks I was told I had GD and needed to start monitoring at home. At 34 weeks I went on insulin. I was terrified to give myself needles but after a couple of turns I was fine

I was told I would most likely need a c/s due to bub being so big. I was sent for a scan at 36 weeks which said bub was already over 9lb So the following week we were off for our 37 week appointment to discuss our options. I had a few pains and a show upon leaving home so we went to the Maternity unit to be monitored and it showed I was having very mild contractions and I was 1cm dilated. I was told that baby would be born within a couple days and to keep my appointment downstairs. Seeing as it was only 1.5 hrs till my appointment we decided to wait in the hospital cafe and grab some lunch. This was 12;30pm. We rang my mum and MIL and informed then that nothing was happening today. Our other child was with my mum.. I had just sat down and took a bite from the most delicious Ham roll that I had ever tasted when I got a big cramp and POP my waters broke everywhere, I looked up and said to Simon " My waters just broke" Yeh right was the response. Look at the floor I said and well he believed me then. We didn't know what to do lol.. Finally my husband leaned over to another table where some nurses were sitting and told them what happened and they told him to get a wheelchair and head back upstairs. (insert quick funny) After I got up to sit in the wheelchair this elderly lady asked my husband if we were finished with our table and SImon said I wouldnt sit there if I were you and she said I will sit there if I want to. He pointed at the floor and said my wifes waters just broke so go right ahead Ha Ha Ha she went away then

Anyways. I was wheeled upstairs leaving a very messy trail behind me but I was beyond embarrased by now I was so excited. I was taken to the same room I had just been in. I rang my other son and told him that mummy was having the baby today afterall. He dropped the phone and went screaming around the house. I will never forget that excited scream

I was re-examined and was found to be 3cm dilated. My waters were still gushing everywhere while we waited for the Dr. He arrived and then said well what do you want to do. After we had discussed at the previous appointment the complications of a natural delivery of such a big baby ( I know others can do it) we decided that a ceaserean would be the safest option for us.

My second gorgeous son Isaac Arnne was born ay 3:20pm on the 24th september weighing a whopping 9lb 14oz (37 weeks) he was 52.5cm long and a massive 37cm head...

All was fine. Isaac was doing well apart from some low blod sugars for about an hour or so due to the GD. He was brought to me around 9pm that night as he was not settling in the SCN. I attempted to breastfeed him but he was very unsettled so at 3am the nurse asked if it would be ok to offer a bottle as he was becoming distressed. I ok'd this but asked for him to be fed in my room . The nurse was having trouble getting him to take the bottle so she asked if it was alright for her to go to the feeding room. I was so tired by this stage that I was fine with that. At 5am a baby dr woke me to say that Isaac was not well when the nurse went to feed him Isaac had turned blue and was not breathing I had not been out of bed yet so I asked for my husband to be rung. He came straight up and went to Isaac then came to me to tell me he was ok but still not well.. Finally at 8am I was out of bed and showered and all of that. I went to see Isaac and it was very distressing seeing him hooked up to all these wires ect.. Later that day he started seizing After 16 long stressful days we took our little man home. He was on medication till he was 6 months old his last seizure was at 7weeks old.

He is now a thriving non stop talking 3 year old They still don't know what caused the problems except maybe a lack of oxygen just before he was born..

here is a link to Isaacs life from birth to now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TzWs...e=user&search=

Jacob Riley 22nd August 2005

We were delighted when we found out baby number 3 was on its way. After yet another loss in sept 04 it was a surprise to find this pregnancy happened so quickly only 2 months after the miscarriage...

I had yet another unevenful pregnancy apart from GD at 20 weeks and inuslin by 22 weeks. I asked for a c/s due to my other sons health problems at birth. We were to scared to labour. I thought I would have a fight on my hands as a midwife had told me I would but I asked the Dr and he said sure no problems I understand. and We were given a date a few months later of the 22nd August.

We were so excited and nervous and I was wheeled into theatre at 8:30am and My 3rd beautiful son Jacob Riley was born at 9:17am on the 22nd August 2005 weighing 8lb 9oz. We still don't know his exact measurements apart from hius weight as Jacob had breating difficulites at birth and was placed into a 'fishtank' (humidicrib) straight away on oxygen. He was fine thoug his health issues were to do with the GD so they were fixable. We took our littlest man home on day 4.

I finally mastered breastfeeding *yay* me and today we are still going strong It is something I am very proud of..

Here is a link to Jacobs video ( he was 9 months old when I finished putting this together so seeing as he is now almost 17 months old it is a little out of date
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DTV...e=user&search=

Thanks for reading

You have a beautiful family,
    i love how you done the video's there just great.

Thank you

Nic - thank youfor sharing, your videos were just beautiful

Good luck with TTC #

Thanks for sharing your stories and slideshows with us. Wow Isaac was a big boy.

Cute looking boys you have there

Thank you Simone and Trish

ta for sharing ur boys' births.... what a beautiful family. xoox

AWWW how nice.. u have done a great job!!

I had tears.....was so nice to watch. I think ill do one for DD now when i get the chance.

Thanks for sharing your boys stories

Thank you for sharing your boys' stories, Nic. It sounds like you didn't have an easy time, but wow, what gorgeous boys you have!

Thank you

Aussienic those videos are just gorgeous I had tears watching them

Just a quick ? if you don't mind me asking - I've put together a slideshow using powerpoint is that what you have used here. I would love to upload some stuff onto youtube to share with my family is that how I would do it or is there another progam for that???

By the way my son is James Ethan and was born 16th June 1999.

I used Windows movie Maker and just uploaded them to youtube. I think it was my Uncle but he made a video using powerpoint and uploaded it to youtube.

And Thanks I am pleased others have enjoyed my videos. I plan on making on every 2 months. I take more then enough pictures :P

sajemsha Guest

How sweet, I had tears in my eyes, it was very touching and you have three wonderful boys It highlights how individual each child is and how beautiful children are.
    Take care and thanks for sharing