Thread: Nathan John's quick arrival

#karen# Guest

Default Nathan John's quick arrival

Thursday 22nd June 5:44 am.
    Weight: 3580g Length: 50.5cm HC: 34.5cm

At 3am I woke up and went to toilet, went back to bed, but was wide awake. Went to get a drink of water at around 3:40am as I was getting back into bed I started to leak. Woke DH and said "my waters are breaking, this is it". I raced to bathroom where my waters broke and DH rang MIL to come and mind my boys. Went and got dressed, then went straight to BB June buddies to type my news.

Contractions started at around 4am and had another one 10 mins later. Contractions then started coming quicker. MIL arrived a short while later to find me making the school lunches for my boys. She told me to leave it, but I insisted on wrapping them up and we left straight for hospital. By now contractions were 2 mins apart. I was told to get to hospital when 10 mins apart, oh well. I was unususally calm at this stage.

When contractions were 1.5 mins apart midwife phoned for the ob. I was 7cm dilated. Midwife did an internal (ouch) and asked me if my waters had broken, she said there was still a bag there. I was not coping with the contractions. The Midwife was wonderful and calmed me down, suggested gas which I gladly accepted. DH was fantastic support, holding my hand during contractions and stroking my forehead (very calming). I was lying on bed when my contractions slowed down. I was told to get up and walk around. Ob arrived after contractions did not increase he did internal (ouch again) and broke remaining waters (double ouch:eek: ).

Not long after it was time to push. This I found to be the worst part.I was crying out that I couldn't do it. Then I was yelling to just get it out! Everybody was very encouraging. I hated the sensation of needing to do a poo and I feel this may have been holding me back, but when i felt the head crowning I knew there was no turning back and I had to push with all my might.

At 5:44am my beautiful Nathan arrived. When I saw my little boy all feelings of anxiety went away and the elation I felt cannot be described. I held my little boy and cut the cord. I was extremely tired and felt I could barely hold him. I made it, I did it and I couldn't be happier with my 3rd precious boy!

Wow Karen- I cant believe it happened so quickly. Congratulations on the arrival of your little man!

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Nathan. Well done!

That was lovely Karen

Sal Guest

Ah what a lovely birth story! I'd love a similar experience

Congrats Karen on Nathans quick and safe arrival
    Had to laugh at this though
    Went and got dressed, then went straight to BB June buddies to type my news.

goldilocks Guest

What a quick delivery! You did an amazing job of bringing your little boy into the world!

Congratulations on the birth of your third precious blue bundle

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Congratulations again Karen on the birth of beutiful Nathan John.
    What a quick labour you lucky ducky!

Congratulations Karen on the birth of Nathan. A fast labour is the best hey