Thread: not long labours, a little worried

Default not long labours, a little worried

My beautiful daughter was born at 36 weeks, i had preeclampsia and had been in hospital for a week, I had m first lot of gels at 7 pm, went back down to the ward and fell asleep i woke at 3 am to go to the toilet and my waters broke, I was given an epidural to lower my BP, however it didnt work, at 7:30 am my beautiful girl came in to the world.
    Four years later and 9 days overdue I was admitted to be induced, gels had no effect and i had no signs of labour and no dilation, this baby wasnt coming for anyone. My waters were broken and i was told to walk to start labour as i still had no contractions. well i got out of bed and into the shower and that is where i stayed our darling son was born in the shower 40 minutes from my waters been broken, both births i had no cuts or tears and two healthy happy babies, how fast will my labour be this time??

My my - I though my labours were fast enough!
    I had spontaneaous labour with #1 and 6 hours later had her (she literally fell out about 30 seconds after my water breaking - luckily on to the bed though)
    #2 i was induced and 4.5 hours after the gel being placed and being told nothing would happen coz my cervix was posterior and hard and closed, i yet again had my bub swoosh out right after my waters broke! The obgyn had just come in to do an internal to see if anything was really happening coz he thought i was being dramatic about the pains! To his horror he had a baby come flying out at him. I am rather chuffed though that i like you had no drugs and no tearing (probably no time for either)

Good luck with number 3! I cant wait to hear how you go.... I am to scared to go for #3 coz of the labours being so easy and my body just doing it all, DP jokes that next time i will cough and will have had my baby...

I did have one of my friends who had a 2 hour labour with #1 and #2 was 16 hours! I will be watching to see how you go

DD1 was 10 hours 25 mins
    DD2 was 6 hours 5 mins

So gradually getting a tad faster!!

Goodluck with it all

DD 1,, 4 hours
    DS 1, 4.5 hours
    DD 2, 3 hours

I suggest in about 160 days that you camp in the driveway of the hospital!!!!!

Good luck!

DD#3 - Went from 5cm dilated to fully dilated and baby out in 20 mins....
    DD#2 - Labour began at 830am - had her in the emergency section (no time to make it upstairs to maternity ward) at 11:05am. I had her with my shoes and pumpkin patch skirt still on !!!!
    I was told if i have any more i should camp outside my hossi a few weeks before.

To sum it up - my labours did get faster with each child...,

Hi tan,

My first labour was 10 hours( but told it would have been wuicker if he didnt have such a huge head lol)
    My second was only 2.5 hours from first pain to having her, so i was a little worried too about my third birth !!!
    But he ended up being 5 hours so i neednt have worried. The midwife told me that 3rd one's are almost always longer than the second one.

Good Luck

My friend's second labour was 3 hours - and so was her third. The third one isn't always shorter, but it can be. Someone else we know had her third son after just 10 not even painful contractions (in the car on the way to hossy!).

Quote Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
    My friend's second labour was 3 hours - and so was her third. The third one isn't always shorter, but it can be. Someone else we know had her third son after just 10 not even painful contractions (in the car on the way to hossy!).
    Oh my, these stories are great! I'm going to post them up on my wall for my next which will be a vbac. Nothing like positive affirmations!!