Thread: Orlanda Beth's arrival

Default Orlanda Beth's arrival

Well my beautiful baby girlis curled up on my chest asleep so i'm going to tell her story as quickly as i can before she wakes up, please excuse the typing as i'm doing it one handed.

Orlanda was due on dec 27th but decided to keep us waiting, she'd been giving me grief with pre labour pains for 3 weeks, but was happy "just practicing". We'd tried everything to entice her out but i was resigned to have an induction on jan4th, but my little girl had other ideas........

i woke up at 0145 on the morning of the 3rd feeling decidedly damp in the nether regions, now my waters had never broken with either of the boys so i was a bit confused as to what was going on. i woke up DH and said "i'm lying in a puddle do you think my waters have gone" we both lookes at the puddle and he said "no there would be way more than that" having witnessed mywaters being broken 3 times before i bowed to his superior knowledge and cringed at the fact i seemed to have become incontinent on top of everything else. so i trotted off to the loo to clean up..... after a bit of a gush we decided that i had a leak not full on rupture and went back to bed.

contractions started soon after and by 6am we were in hospital

i was checked over by the lovely midwife who delivered my last son, she suggested she break my waters, when she did that she discovered that my daughter had poo'd, a habit she kept up for 48 hours almost non stop, so it meant i had to be hooked up to the monitor which was a pain as i wanted to be in the shower. but not to worry, i know the risks to bub having been through it before and knowing someone who lost a bub in the same circumstances. even with the monitor on i was able to stand and move a bit. by 0830 i decided i needed the gas as the contractions were coming thick and fast, by 0930 i was pleading for someone to shoot me, so my midwife (different one from the one who checked me in, but absolutely wonderful) suggested pethadine, i was 7cm dilated so she had to make it quick or it would have been too late. That relaxed me a bit and took the edge off things, by this time i was on a fit ball leaning back into DHs arms with each contraction, i was sleepy, acting a bit drunk and shouting "lookguys i really can't do this any more, imean it i can't" all down to the drugs.... wonderful stuff. At about 1015 i felt the rear end pressure and knew i couldn't do this upright, i needed to be on the bed, only problem, i couldn't move...... i don;t know if it was because bub was so low or what but i just couldn't move, so DH and midwife had to get me on the bed, very undignified:eek:

i knew i needed to push, but fear kept me from mentioning this for a couple of contractions, i was honestly in so much pain i didn'tthink i could do the pushing part, how the hell i thought i'd get her out i don't know...... so eventually i fessed up and said ok i'm going to push next time, i gave a couple of half hearted pushes which made the midwife threaten to take away my gas, so te next one got me to the ring of fire point, then just when i thought i'd die the nect contraction came and i pushed the pain awayas her head came out then that fantastic slithery feeling as her body came too.

i looked down at my perfect girl as DH cut the cord, then a quick cry and she was handed to the pieds team who had slipped in un noticed, they gave her a quick check over and suction out while the midwife got me to take off my t shirt so that when little miss came back we could have some skin to skin time, she snuggled in and fed for ages. it was bliss.

I couldn't have done it without my fab midwife Tash and my amazing DH, he did say i was much less abusive this time.

This was an unplanned pregnancy and although i was quite happy about it i don't think i realised how much i wanted her until i saw her as DH was cutting the cord, she really has made our family complete.

Orlanda Beth was born on Jan 3rd at 1027 weighing 6lb 13oz, our beautiful baby girl.

Taz

Congratulations on the birth of Orlanda Beth! What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing it with us - it's particularly wonderful for those of us TTC to know that it can happen and is as wonderful as we imagine.

kel Guest

Default congrats

hi and welcome to the world orlanda.great birth have to laugh at slithery feeling as that is the description!!!!!enjoy
    kel

Congratulations Taz, Orlanda sounds perfect.

Congratulations on the arrival of Orlanda Beth. What a pretty name, and thanks for the great read

i love that name!!!!! i got goose bumps reading that... great story and well done.
    Welcome Orlanda. xoox

Thanks for sharing Orlanda's birth story Taz. LOL at being much less abusive this time! Congrats again.

Taz what a beautiful birth story.

congratulations on the birth of Orlanda Beth, what a great birth you had

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Thankyou for sharing your beautiful birth story for Orlanda!Well Done!

Taz, What an awesome story!! I feel warm and fuzzy reading it! Congrats on your little girl!