Thread: Owen Keith's Birth Story

monyfelix Guest

Default Owen Keith's Birth Story

Here is Owen's Birth story...

11.45pm Monday 25th July I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach and needed to go to the toliet. When I got out of bed my waters broke. I was thinking that it would be ages before I needed to go to hospital and tried to go back to bed and get some sleep.

It wasnt to be though as water kept coming and then I had my show. I notice that the waters were greenish tinged and thought I should ring the hospital and check if that was ok. When I called them they said that I better go in as bub may have passed some meconium. By 1.30pm I was at the hospital with contractions coming 2 minutes apart.

I was taken straight to the labour ward and told that I would need a syntocinin drip to speed up labour as my waters were meconium stained. They said it would be very painful once I was given the syntocinin so they offered pain relief. I opted for a epidural as the contractions were already very painful.

After what seemed forever to get the epidural in I felt heaps better and was able to recover a little. I had a very heavy chest infection and head cold, which came with a nice high temp too. I lost track of time but sometime later I was really feeling the need to push and I told the MW who advised I was 9.5cm and had to wait for the next 0.5cm before I could start pushing.

Eventually I was allowed to push. My baby never engaged so I had a long way to push him. The Dr and MW prepared me for a caesar and said they doubted I could push him out myself. I was determined I wasnt going for a caesar so I kept pushing and I was offered the ventouse or forceps.

I asked for the ventouse which failed so they had to use the forceps. This of course meant an episotomy...( OUCH!). My second stage last 3.5 hours which was quite a while but at 12.16pm Owen Keith was born weighing 9lb 4oz. Finally my big beautiful boy is here!

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Monyfelix

Congratulations on the birth of Owen.

Love Jen

Melinda Guest

Wow! Well done Simone!! Congratulations on doing such a fantastic job at bringing Owen into the world! Thanks for sharing your story.

Default reply

Sweetie, it all sounds very quick- glad he's here now.

Love his name. O

OMG you poor thing going through that and a chest infection and temperature too. I hope you are recovering ok and you and your bouncing baby Owen are getting to know eachother

Big congratulations, you've done well! Welcome little Owen. Thanks for sharing your story.

Wow, what a story! Congratulations and welcome to Owen.

Wow what a story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Congratulations and welcome to the world Owen.

thanks for sharing simone,

good on you for sticking with it and avoiding a CS even with an awful headcold!!

Linda

Aww what a great story !!! Thanks for telling us.

Love

Congrats on the birth of Owen!
    Best wishes michelle

Thanks for sharing Simone, great job!!

Congratulations on the birth of your son! =D> and thanks for sharing your story with us

mizzsocial Guest

Congrats!

I must say, your story was freaking me out coz it was soooo much like mine! OMG the only things that were different, was i didnt have an epidural, my son was 9.5 pounds and he was born 12:02pm!

LOL.. we had really simular births!

Congrats once again.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! Well done for managing to avoid the c/s, Simone! Thanks for sharing your story

kirsty Guest

Thanx for sharing the birth of your son. You sound like you did well to do it, what with being sick & all. Hope you are enjoying lots of cuddles now.