Thread: a perfect ending

Default a perfect ending

hello everyone you may of read my birth story of my first baby levi and how he ended up with cerebral palsy after a not so perfect birth. well here is my birth story of my second child

i had been going to antinatel for a few weeks the drive was an hour away to getto the hosp i wanted to give birth at. i asked to be induced to one doc and he declined the next appointment i had a diff doc and asked him he also said no wait a little longer come back next week but bring my bags. i arrived to bundy on the 28th of feb i was due on the 23rd the doc did an examination and said i was not ready and i should wait another week i was already 5 days over i said that i didnt want to wait so he agreed to induce me i was told to come in at 7;30 that night.

at 9 pm they incerted the cervix gel and said that it might not do anything so my partner paul went to the hotel room to sleep. i started getting mild contractions about an hour after the gel was put in but they were irregular lasting sometimes 30 secs and every 2 mins or lasting 60 secs and coming every 20 mins they were bearable so i tried to get some sleep. i woke around 2 pm with a bit of pain i went to the toilet and i had a show i really wish paul was there with me to keep me company but partners were not aloud there unless you were actually ready to give birth( during the night that was).
    by early morn i managed to get some sleep with a hot pack on my back and when i woke around 6 they had completely stopped i was a bit bumbed i wanted to be in labour and have my baby. i called paul and told him that it had all stopped and he didnt need to rush back to the hosp and told him to get some brekky and come when he was read. the doc came in to examin me and said that i was 5 cms dilated i was like wow that was easy and she was going to take me to the labour ward and break my waters. i was so scared but so excited it didnt feel like it was real . i called paul again and told him to come in straight away.

my waters were broken at 8:30 am i had the heart monitor for the baby on me from that point right up untill the end. my contractions started to become more regular and stronger i breathed through them and it really worked i used the breathing method the whole way through i strongly recomment it. i felt in controll i had been through it befor so i could do it again. the contractions became quite painful so i got offered some gas i took a breath and chucked it it was horrible just like the first time. i continued with the breathing taking a deep breath in and blowing out really hard with the pain they say it pushes the pain away it does.

by 12pm i was in full blown labour they checked me and i was 7 cms dilated and really stretchy could stretch to 9cms. up untill this point i could handle the pain now i was a complete and utter posessed woman. i looked at paul and cryed i was so scared i knew our baby was to be born soon and i couldnt stop thinking about things going wrong i tried to wipe those thoughts from my mind and got myself back in controll.

i could hear the girl next door screaming which was such a distraction but was also funny we were having contractions at the same time apart the nurses were saying i wonder who will give birth first they said they girl next door would. i got a half shot of pethadine and i was so high i couldnt open my eyes it actually did something this time around. the pain had moved from my stomach to my bottom i said i needed to push and she said no not yet after a few contractions i had to so i did i pushed they midwife called the special doc to come to the room just incase something went wrong again. and 22 mins later my little baby girl came screaming into the world. i cried as i asked if it was ok and the nurse said to me look do u want to see what u have ( i didnt know what i was having) it was a girl i looked at paul and he was crying as well she was put straight ontop of me as paul cut the cord. it was so emotional instead of thinking about my baby i still flashed back to my past birth as i did not get to hold levi. its amazing how from that point in time u forget about the pain u have just gone through and u and totally in a hypnotic state of mind with ur new baby.

we were left to bond with our baby girl for over an hour but all i wanted to do was have a showere and stand up i couldnt feel my bottom i had been in that bed from 8 am to 2:14 (when she was born)and an hour after that. we rang our familys and told them they had a grandaugter and neice. i had a monitor on me the WHOLE time unlike my first birth so everything was perfect a total of 3 hours labour and 22 mins pushing and no stitches i was so happy. she breast fed straight away and is a great sleepe.

our baby girl was born at 2:14pm on the 1st of march weighing 8 pound 10 54 cms long head of 36 1/2 cms and we named her Izzabella Enez Rae she is our angel now i have two angels that i love more then anyone will ever know.

Wow! what a great birth story.

Ihad been hoping that you would post on here, and have been thinking of you.
    I am so pleased that things went so well for you this time around

Congrats on the birth of your Princess...great to hear all went well.

Awww, that is such a beautiful story, Congratualtions.

congrats, what a special birth and story for you. enjoy your two princesses. xoox

Great to finally hear that all went well. Have been checking to see when you would surface. CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING & Doing such a grand job in the labour ward.

Thats a beaut story. Congrats. JAc

Love a happy ending - and well done to you! The flashback thing must have been hard - I take my hat off to you girl.

I missed this - thank you for posting your story, and I'm so glad it was such a healing experience for you. Hope you're enjoying your two gorgeous kids; I'll bet Levi is chuffed to be a big brother.