Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the quick arrival of Lani Michelle

mooshie Guest

Default the quick arrival of Lani Michelle

As you all are probably aware i was due on the 5th or 6th september, after 2 internals my ob advised that i would need to be induced with the gel on 15th september much to my dismay. the plan was to put 1ml of gel in at 4pm with another 2ml at 10pm then at 7.30am on 16th to break my waters then put in the drip if need be. for 2 days prior to induction i was feeling slight twinges which stopped after a few hours, so we headed into the hospital at 3pm on wednesday 15th ready for induction, the monitor was put on me for 45 mins to gage movement, heart rate etc, then midwife examined me and told me i was already 1cm dilated - hmm this must of explained the previous twinges, so they put in the 1ml of gel and told my hubby and son they could go home and they would see my hubby at 7am the next morning. so i settled in and relaxed reading watching tv and eating. at 8pm for son rang me and my hubby asked if anything was happening and i said no so we said our goodnights. at around 8.45pm i started having the twinges again and i advised the midwife they were down under my bump and going around to the back she said it is more than likely a reaction to the gel and my body would get used to it, the contractions should start at the top of the belly. at 9pm they put the monitor on again for 45mins prior to the application of the 2nd lot of gel, when the midwife came in at 1/4 to 10pm she looked at the printout and asked me if i could feel my contractions, i said no just the twinges and there were a few that i felt i needed to breathe through a bit, she examined me - 3cms dilated wow, they rang the ob and advised him and he said no gel to be put in and he would see me in the morning, so they told me to settle down and get some sleep at 10pm just 15 mins later i felt a pop and my waters had broken, i went to the toilet and it was stained yellow, i panicked a little but the midwife said it is meconeum (sp) but only a little, they told me i should ring my hubby as i was going down to the labour ward - my hubby had to get my mum over to look after my son, he was a bit shocked when i rang and said how long before you go into full on labour i said i don't know i am having contractions every 2mins but they are not full on painful. they took me down to the labour ward and they asked if i wanted the bath filled i said yes, then they asked me if i needed to do a wee, i said yes, i went to sit down and said i need to do poo, the midwife said no you don't you need to go on the bed, she examined me and i was 5cm so she called my ob - he got there at 10.30pm and by that time the contractions were becoming quite intense, as my hubby was still not there and the midwife was hurridly setting up for the approaching birth, my wonderful ob gave me water and really encouraged me with my breathing, my hubby arrived at 10.45pm and was shocked to see the ob there and me in full on labour - 15mins later at 11.03pm "lani michelle" entered the world, it only took around 4 pushes and the ob was fantastic breathing with me the whole way - what a guy so different from my other ob, i had a slight tear with only 3 stitches, this is probably only because i had internal and external with my son 4 years ago (so he did the damage) and i felt wonderful, all in all i probably only really had a dozen painful take your breathe away contractions - the placenta was worse than the birth. what an experience i can't wait to do it again much to my dh shock.

lani which means heavenly sky is our precious gift sent to us from her big sister jessica, and so far she is just so easy to look after - i think alot has got to do with how relaxed i am, after nursing my dd for 4mths when she had brain cancer, i figure looking after a newborn is a piece of cake.

to all those who fear induction, the gel was such a gentle way for me, i had the drip with my dd which was a full on nightmare. but this birth was a beautiful experience.

no wonder she was late - i gather if i had those contractions at home and waited for them to get stronger she would have been born in the car.

regards
    michelle

Pietta Guest

Thanks for sharing that with us Michelle. Lani was our choice in girls name and it is beautiful. Glad your DH got there in time!!

Well done and welcome again sweet little Lani.

Lani is a very pretty name. I'm glad you had such a great birth experience. Congratulations Michelle and DH, and welcome to Lani.

What a wonderful birth story, Michelle. Thanks for sharing it with us. Lani is a gorgeous name. Congrats!

Thankyou for sharing the story of Lani's birth, Michelle!!
    I'm glad it was such a good experience for you...

CONGRATULATIONS to both you and DH!!
    and Welcome to the world little Lani!! O

Great story Michelle, thanks for sharing it.

Congratulations on the speedy arrival of Lani to you and your family!

Jo

What a lovely story.
    Lani is such a beautiful name and i love the middle name.
    Congratulations to you and DH.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story Michelle. Congratulations to both you and DH. Love the name Lani too, it's just gorgeous!

That's a beautiful story Michelle. I am so glad DH made it in time.

Lots of love to you all :hbeat:

Well done Michelle,
    CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and your DH and DS on the arrival of your precious little daughter. Like I said in 3rd tri, a gorgeouos name especially the 2nd one! LOL.

You are lucky Dh arrived in time and wow for a quick delivery. Every womans dream. So when is the next one on it's way?
    Cheers Michelle

oh, that's a wonderful birth story!
    Congratulations again, Michelle!

Congratulations on the birth of Lani, I agree with the other girls it really is a pretty name.

Take care
    Trish

I'm so glad everything went well! Welcome Lani!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! What a beautiful story! I'm glad your DH could make it on time! Look out if you have another! It might be even quicker! 8-[
    It's good to hear that little Lani and Mum are relaxed and happy. All the best!

Orkids Guest

What a great story! Congrats on the birth of Lani.

I was like you, I only had half a dozen or so really bad contractions which I couldnt cope with then they changed to not at all painful pushing contractions.

Melinda Guest

Congratulations on the birth of little Lani Michelle! And thanks so much for sharing a wonderful birth story!!

What a brilliant story Michelle! It is wonderful to hear about such a positive experience. Congratulations on little Lani - such a beautiful name.

What a great story Michelle. Sounds like even though she was a bit late, Lani just couldn't wat to meet you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast