Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronan's 13wk Early Arrival..

Default Ronan's 13wk Early Arrival..

I keep forgetting to add in here my birth story so here goes..

I left work at 5pm on Thursday 16th March and felt dull pains.. After i got home the pains still hadn't stopped but i decided to have dinner, relax for a while but the pain was still there at 7.30pm so i rang my sister and asked her for advice.. I lay down on my side for 30mins to see if the pain would ease and it didn't as the pain was hitting me every 10mins, 2mins, 5mins and it felt like it was getting worse..

By 8pm we decided to call the midwife to see what we should do but in between looking for the phone number i felt a gush, so i went to the toilet and saw blood! It was like i had a heavy period so at this stage i freaked out! I told hubby to call an ambulance because i was too worried and wanted someone to look me over ASAP.. The ambulance checked me over and rushed me off to the hospital mind you i thought the worst and had come to terms that maybe we wern't meant to have our baby as i thought i was miscarrying (i had no idea)!

After 10mins of laying in the hospital bed my back felt like it was breaking.. Labour had hit me HARD and the contractions were around 5mins apart and in between this they had given me a needle for his lungs, other tablets i couldn't recall what they were but they were doing everything they could to stop the labour.. They told my hubby to go home and collect some items for me as they believed it wasn't going to happen anytime soon..

Whilst the contractions were going on all i was given was gas for the pain and panadol for my back.. I was told that i was going to give birth to him naturally and it looked like there was no stopping him.. I felt the need to pee so i asked them for a bed pan and i was trying to pee and it felt like i needed to push so they whisked the pan away and told me i was about to have my baby..

A few mintues later my water broke (across the other side of the room) then i started to push harder and the pain was amazing! The best word to describe it was "stinging" like hell but once his head was through it was easy.. Even though he was tiny it still hurts pushing a 25cm head through a 10cm hole.. hehehe After 3hrs of being at the hospital Ronan was born!

Date: 17th March 2006 (due 14th June 2006) 27wks + 3days
    Weight: 1140 grams (1.14kgs)
    Length: 37.5cms
    Head: 25cms

Hubby missed the birth by 10mins but was the first to see our son, sadly it all happened too quickly.. Once he was out they put him straight onto a bed where they did the usual suctioning , wrapping him up etc.. so i didn't get to see his face.. Ronan is going on 8wks old now and thriving.. If you are interested on seeing how his progress is check out my (www)..

Let me just say that it was totally unexpected as i had a trouble free pregnancy besides fluid retention and Carpal Tunnel..

Thankyou for reading my story..

cazoraz Guest

Such a scarey labour story! He looks like he's doing so well Rak. Any progress reports?

Kirsty77 Guest

Wow!! That was very intense!What an amazing birth story.

Im so glad everything turned out good for you and him hun...
    What a wonderful story!

Well, he certainly came quickly didn't he ,Racs!
    I checked his site out yesterday and he is getting so big! Give him big hugs from Auntie Jess.

Hi Rac,
    I see what you mean about the similarities with our births! It's so scary with the bleeding - and so early in the pregnancy.
    I'm so glad that Ronan and you are doing okay - I'll look forward to catching up with you in the prem thread.

Ohhh Rac, I didn't know DH missed the birth. Oh well there's always next time, lol. Thank you for sharing your story and as you know I always look in to see how he's going.
    P.S, I love his latest photo's and congrats on giving him a bath for the first time, these are all big milestones and he'll be home with you before you know it.
    Ta Bye Dee

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Oh Rac's, thanks so much for sharing... he looks like he is doing really well - I still can't belive it... I'm praying that he gets to come home with you really soon... I love the website - good job (hubb?)

xxxx
    CC

Wow Rac's thats amazing. Its so good that he is going better and getting stronger.

Thanks so much for reading my boring story..

Cee naa the website has all been updated by me, i think he's only looked at it 2 times.. It is a template you choose to work with and add all the info & pics on yourself.. heheheh

I can't wait to finish work and bring him home but we are looking at around another 6 weeks for a guess..

Wow what an amazing story, Your very strong for getting through the hardest part when hubby was not there. I can't believe how far Ronan has come in since those first days what a trong boy he is! (takes after his parents no doubt)

Racca that is some story.. I hope that Ronan continues to thrive and is home with you both soon

Hi Raccon - I didn't realise your DH wasn't there for the actual birth! Well done to you! Great story and am so glad that Ronan is now thriving.

That is full on, Rac! Have they since given you any indictaion as to what happened and why Ronan came so early?

Rac I didn't know that they sent DH home how rude! I'm glad that all is going well now and hopefully he will be home soon.

hugs xoxo

Wow! What an intense time for you both,ronan looks beautiful and it looks like he has put on weight.Hope he comes home to you both soon.

Thanks for sharing Racca! Glad he is coming along well, he looks gorgeous!

Fraser Guest

oh wow - looking at those photos of the early days made me want to cry - he's so tiny - I'm really glad he's doing really well.

Em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast