Thread: Ryan's Birth

Default Ryan's Birth

Ok this could take a while, so i appologize in advance.

My ordeal started on Monday 7th Feb with a routine trip to the Gp for a check up, i happened to mention to him, that i had fainted a couple of times that week, but i just put it down to the weather.
    My gp got quite concerned and checked my BP and everything and it was a bit high, so he sent me to be checked by the hospital.
    Dp and i dropped DS off at the IL's and set off to the hospital, thinking that my gp was just being causious and we would be home in a couple of hours, how wrong could we be!!!
    They decided to keep me for a few days to run tests because they thought i had a blockage in my throat that was stopping oxygen getting to my brain.
    After a couple of days and god knows how many tests they were starting to talk about me coming home, but then i started having really strong contractions, so they wanted me to stay incase this was it and i was going to have the baby.
    I ended up in the hospital for 5 days having contractions.
    On the fifth day the OB gave me a VE and couldn't feel the head which had been engaged from quite early on, so she ordered an ultrasound.
    he ultrasound showed that he was Breech, so they wanted me to stay another night, and have another ultrasound the next day to see if he turned again, but they were going to book me for a c-section the next day just in case.
    So the next day, the ultrasound showed that he had turned a little, but not enough to carry on with labour, so i was sceduled for the c-section at 8am.
    I went down for the c-section at 8am and my 2nd beautiful boy was born at 9.22am
    We named him Ryan Lewis after mine and DP's dads, he weighed 7lb 3oz and looks the spitting image of his brother and dad.
    Sorry it took so long.
    Take care

What a long wait for your ds Naomi, but worth every second I'm wsure once it was over. Thanks for posting your story and hope all is well with you and your boys.

Best wishes Michelle

Thanks for sharing your story Naomi and congratulations again!

thnaks for sharing your story naomi! well done and a big congratulations again

take care
    Lesley

Naomi,

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I thought I was having contractions for a long time! Glad to see that Ryan arrived safely and that are well.

nellbe

Wow what a few days of drama you had before Ryans birth Naomi. thankyou for sharing your story.

Love

Wow Naomi, that must have been pretty stressful being stuck in hospital for so long... and 5 days of contractions = OMG! :shock:

Well done girl, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS is in order!!!

I hope everything is going really well with little Ryan

Take care,

Thankyou all for your replies, it was a bit stressful, but he's here now.

*Megan* Guest

Naomi - that was not a long post at all!

I am glad to hear that everything is alright with your little boy...congratulations and thank you for sharing your story with us....

Megan

Naomi - thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us.

Take Care

Deeanne

Well done Naomi!
    So what happened with the blockage? Was there one? What great timing for your contractions to start!! LOL

Thanx for sharing

Tanya