Thread: sirenz baby ZAC - 7th dec 2007 - LONG

Default sirenz baby ZAC - 7th dec 2007 - LONG

Well where do i begin??

Zac was due on 24th November and when that day came and went i was booked in for induction on 5th december.

went into the hospital on 5th dec @ 7am and find out that they have too many ladies labouring in the ward so they can't induce me today ( a phone call would have been nice)

ob informs me that apparantly i am 1cm dialated.. i ask her, how would she know that when no one has even bothered to do an internal.. she says "oh it says here you are 1cm.. i best be checking that out.." so she did an internal.. turns out my cervix is very high and tightly closed.. not even favourable to be induced

sent home and told to come back at 4pm to get the gel put in

came back.. settled into my room and gels finally put in at 6pm... had pain all night and got no sleep..

4 babies were born that night... so they didn't want to put more gel in until the morning...

next day 6th dec, around 10am.. more gel put in.. by this time i was totally over it because the gel wasn't really doing anything but causing pain.

after being bored all day and watching movies on dh laptop, the midwife comes in at 4pm and says "right, its time to break your waters" i thought oh good finally something is going to happen... she wanted to do it right there on my bed in my room.. i refused and told her i would be more comfy in the birthing suites... she agrees and off to birthing we go..

she does the most painful internal i have ever had... i wanted to rip her hands off.. poor dh didn't know what to do..

she declared i was only just 1cm but cervix still high.. she eventually somehow managed to break my waters.... very painfully i might add.. dh was there to hold my hand and stroke my hair.

15 mins pass and then all of a sudden contractions hit hard!

i moved to the shower on the fit ball and thats where i stayed!

contractions were lasting 50 to 60 seconds and were 2 mins apart... ALL IN MY BACK!!

poor dh tried to comfort me.. (for his own sanity i think because he has never seen me in pain like that before).. he kept asking me if i wanted the gas or something for the pain... i couldn't even answer him, all i could do was shake my head.

by this stage the contractions were soo painful i had to keep telling myself to just get through each one at a time and breathe through them... bouncing on the ball helped alot as did the shower head on my back.

3 hrs had passed and it was time for another internal to see how far along i was..

it took dh 15mins to get me out of the shower and onto the bed... mw declares i am now 4cm.. at this stage bubs heart rate is ok and he is looking happy.

i ask dh to fill the tub.. he did so and i was in there all of 2 mins and i couldn't handle it.. i had to get out and back into the shower onto the ball..

dh was soo good.. he offered me drinks and something to eat (there was no way i felt like eating anything) poor thing, got his denim shorts all wet as each time i had a contraction, i would fling the shower head onto my back.. not caring who was nearby.. and he got drenched each time..

5 hrs has passed by this stage and i can't handle it anymore.. i tell dh that i need the epi and i need it now..

dh keeps telling me they will be here soon with the epi.. even though an hour passes by until the anethisist chick finally comes in, dh knew that she was busy, but didnt want to tell me.. (the hour feels like only 10 mins as by this stage i am in my own little world).. we get the epi in and finally sweet releif.. i look like a prune after being in the shower for over 5 hours

we check bubs heart rate.. its good at this stage...

dh has a little nap on the recliner while i doze on the bed..

4 hrs pass by.. bubs heart rate is dropping... i'm scared... ob does a scalp test on bub... 10 mins later she comes back in the room and says that the machine isn't working for this test so we can't get any results... i'm still scared..

my wonderful mw deb keeps saying "i don't like this.. i think we need to go to theatre now" by this stage i'm so scared for my babies life i am ready to cut him out myself.. deb calms me telling me they won't let anything happen to my baby..

we try different positions.. bubs heart rate drops dramatically... FETAL DISTRESS!!! ob declares we are going to theatre now to get this baby out... i told her to do what ever she has to do to save my son..

on the way to theatre.. i am calm.. knowing i will meet my son soon... still scared for his life though..

also on the way to theatre, the other mw are arguing over a god damn pen.... the ob tells them to shut up.. we have more important things to worry about... the anethesits chick is trying to say i need to be on my right side other wise my blood pressure will drop... my mw deb is telling her "NO! BABY DOESN"T LIKE IT WHEN SHE IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE"!! I thought deb was gonna slap the anethesist chicky lol... i said.. i'm doing what i have to do to help my son.. so if deb says no then no i'm not getting on my right side..!!!

we finally get to theatre... dh in his theatre outfit is by my side, holding my hand and telling me its all going to be ok... i was surprisingly calm....

i could feel everything they were doing.. but i feel no pain.. its the weirdest sensation ever!

finally baby is almost out. and i hear the ob say, "oh, no wonder he was in distress.."

the cord was wrapped tightly around his neck twice and with each contraction it got tighter...

ds is born, screaming, i burst into tears as soon as i heard that sound.... as i knew he was going to be ok!

he was checked over by the peadatrician and dh gets to cut the remaining cord from ds...

ds is placed on my chest and deb is wiping away the tears from my eyes so i can see him... ds stops screaming and gazes into my eyes for the next few minutes.. my heart melts.. instantly i'm in love with this beautiful little creature we have created..

dh takes ds to be checked and weighed... while i'm stiched up.

so 2 weeks over due, and after 12 hrs of labour ds Zac is born via emergency c/s at 3:09am on 7th december, weighs 8lbs 2oz, 50.6cm long, agpar were 9 and 9 and he has the most thick dark brown hair i have ever seen..

i can't believe he is finally here.. and no one can ever tell you the love you will feel for your child as its such an indescribable feeling. i have never felt this much love for anyone ever.. its the best feeling in the world.

well thanks for reading and well done if you made it this far..

Congrats on the birth of ur son! I can relate to quite a bit in ur birth story!

Congrats to you and your DH, sounds like you did a great job!

Thanks for sharing your story....and congrats on the birth of your son

congrats!! I am glad it all turned out well

what a incredible birth story. You gave me goosebumps. When you hear them cry the first time is such an incredible sound.....It is glorious. Omg-5 hrs in the shower-lucky you didnt wash your skin off.You wouldve been super squeaky clean...lol

Congratulations that was a wonderful story, I too think you would of been shrivelled up like a prune!!

i know i can't believe i was in the shower for that long... but honestly for me, during labour.. time had no relevance, i was in my own little world.. it felt honestly like only 1 hour.. i was shocked when i realised it was 5 hours in the shower.. lol.. whatever helps i suppose.. heheh

What a great story Sirenz! It is amazing that although there is so much focus on C sections, they really do save lives. It is great that you are so in love with your bub

Congratulations on the birth of your son, sirenz - you did so well to cope with all the obstacles!

Smile

Hey Gorgeous!!

So glad I happened upon your birth story! I don't visit BB as much since having my DS but today was a good day to pop in!

I did'nt know you had Zac via emergency C-S, same as me as you know. Sounds like you did a wonderful job up until that point, I know caesers are dissapointing for some, and that is fair enough but I felt the same as you... surprisingly calm... knowing that meeting your long awaited bundle of job is just moments away...my experience was wonderful and I would not change it for the world.

I hope your recovery was a speedy one and that you had a great xmas and new year with your beautiful son.

All my love to you and DH.

Hope to catch up more soon.

Love Mel xoxox

Sirenz, you had me in tears when you described his first cry - isn't it just the most incredible feeling?! Well done hon, you did a fantastic job, congratulations on bringing a little person into the world!