Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tehya's Home Waterbirth Story

I thought it was How did you find a team that would let you do it? Was it hard?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melinda Guest

What an incredible birth story Trish!!! You should be so very proud of yourself....you did an amazing job!!!

What an amazing birth story, Trish! Thanks for sharing it. It's fantastic to be able to read all about a home water birth!

Cailin, I actually had no problem finding a midwife or five that would support me at home. Hospital on the other hand was another story. As a VBAC you are automatically a high risk, stupid but anyway. If you do enough research you will find lots of evidence that supports waterbirths for VBACs. There were only 2 hospitals that I could find that would take me into their birth centres and they were both too far away, hence why I decided with the home idea - oh that and the fact that I didn't want to be strapped to a bed and monitored the whole time, be immobilised and have a time limit put on me to deliver which is what they do with VBACs in hosp.

I am so glad that I made the decision to do this. Even afterwards I felt fine, not a scratch, tear or even a skid mark from her delivery. Water truely works wonders in softening everything up

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow Trish! That is quite a story. Thanks for sharing it with us. And well done for mustering up the strength to get back in the pool and do what you originally wanted. That way you can look back with no regrets! Well done girl!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh and, Trish, on the VBAC thing, that's what they did to my friend. She was put on high risk for her 2nd baby and had to be strapped to the bed most of the time. She reckons that because of all the fuss, she was terrified to push and feels like she "put off" her labour and caused it to go longer because of the stress. With her 3rd (and not being on high risk anymore) she said it was a breeze compared to the 2nd one because she knew what to expect.

Trish,

A very special story for a special little girl. Congrats, and I hope you feel lots of pride for many years to come when you think about your homebirth. Thank goodness you used the pool!! After all - that was a mammoth delivery in itself!!

Fi

Scarlett Guest

Wow Trish that is an inspirational story - well done and congratualtions.

Phew what a read that was a beautiful story thanks Trish!!!

Cailan - if you wanted to pm or email me ur email, I know of a website that has a list of vbac friendly people in every state in aus (or at least a group of people who can refer you to others that believe in vbac... i think theres an emphasis on homebirth as well).

Otherwise.. theyre prob not that hard to find around the net.

K
    [email protected]

Thanks Kirby, Yep I joined birthrites if thats what you mean They are great, I found my future Ob there too and with the help of Miss Kel (she's resourceful that girl!). If its another group feel free to send me the info via email

I think I am going to look into it a bit more.

*hugs*
    Cailin

=D> Trish, that was fantastic.
    Well done for having the birth you wanted. I laboured in the water but had to get out when I was ready to push.

Yea it was birthrites..

goodluck!

*Yvette* Guest

Really enjoyed reading your birth story Trish, and then to read that it was a VBAC, good on you, you're an inspiration.

The pool you used looked just right. I had one made out of sections of wood with a pool liner for my first, and it was too deep, couldn't get comfortable as I was too floaty, IYKWIM. With Angus I wanted to use the big tub at Birralee, but by the time the midwife was there, it was too full on and couldn't get it together to get someone to fill the tub & get me there. I hope to use it this time with the twins. Must get around to putting my birth stories up.

Ms Lee Guest

Congratulations on the safe delivery of your first little girl ...how exciting! I absolutely love the name too because if this next one was a girl it was going to be called Taya!

Thankyou for the inspiration, I am more determined than ever to have myself, my very own vbac!!!

Aww, Does anyone ever go back and read their birth story ??

It's just like it happened yesterday to me, not nearly 2 years ago.

My baby is growing up !!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

awww Trish - what a gorgeous story!

A now knowing you will be doing it all over again! hehehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast