Thread: tia-Roses preg/birth story

Tanibop Guest

Default tia-Roses preg/birth story

Tia Rose's birth story!
    I had my 24th birthday may 15th 2004, i had been with Pete since i was 19 and he 22. I had spent years with him in a grueling domestic violence relationship in every shape and form. I had irregular hormones and not 1 pregnancy scare so 3 weeks after my 24th birthday when i fell ill and my partner shoved a HPT is my face i had to laugh! My best friend and partner told me to take it to shut there holes. SO i did and almost jumped off the toilet seat like i had seen a spider when the test came back 2 lines meaning BFP! I didn't believe it even though i wanted to. so 3 day later i was grinning when a doctor confirmed another BFP
    Apart of me didn't know weather to get my hopes high as i was in a very negative situation and i never had any luck in my life! So at 5 weeks PG, after a big fight with my partner i felt a gush of blood. I immediately knew my luck had run out quickly. My motherly instincts got my mother to race me to hospital even though it wa 11pm at night. My mind was blank all i could hear was a nurse say something about my cervix opening and the word "miscarriage" i was given a speach on how these things happen to the best of us and to go home and wait to see what happens and have an ultrasound on monday as it was a fri night! The bleeding and cramping did not stop. I had my ultrasound on the monday and they wouldn't tell me nothing. They gave me a letter to give to my doctor! Of course i opened it LOL it said it detected a sac around 4 to 5 weeks gestation but no baby or heart beat or anything. I didn't know what that all that meant so i took it to the doctor and was told again same as hospital i would probably miscarry!! I didn't know anything about pregnancies or how they worked i just presumed if the bleeding stopped it meant i was still pregnant! LOL so when the heavy bleeding stopped after 5 or 6 days i took another test and it still said postive so i was in awe and carried on like i was LOL (looking back NOW i wouldn't of but glad i did at the time) i spotted a few times and cramped really bad over the next few weeks and even got another period the following month but seeing as the last test i took said positive i presumed some ladies must still get periods LOL so i carried on but didn't want to go to the doctors because i didn't want to be told the baby was gone... so i carried on as if i was pregnant LOL
    At 3 months i started to get butterflies and my parents were nagging me to go to the doctors! Neh there was no way i was going to a doctor i didn't want to know, i just presumed u just went to the hospital when u were ready to have it PMSL!!!
    At 19 weeks i was showing big time! I looked huge!!! I thought i had by now better enquire with a doctor on pregnancy LOL after all i was secure now there was a baby couldnt half miss my gut! LOL
    So off i went to the doctors. She almost Sh** her self thinking i had surely misscarried then gave me the 3rd degree for leaving it so long to come in! SHe layed me down and rubbed a thingy over my belly that detected the babie heart beat! We were both shocked and i balled my eyes out in joy LOL she said the babie heart beat was immaculate and sent me for an 18weeks scan ur suppose to have at 18 weeks but i didnt go to the docs till 19 weeks! LOL I had my first scan set for the following week at 20weeks along!
    I was so nervous at my scan i nearly walked out 100 times but i stayed hoping i could find out the sex of my baby!!! YAYAYAY i got to see my baby on the screen for the first time. The lady said the baby was healthy and doing just fine That's nice, can u just tell me the sex of the baby? LOL I was preying for a boy i started buying and laybuying all boys stuff from 9weeks PG on wards LOL
    No matter how much the lady poked me, moved me or her tools this baby was camera shy and adamant to sticking to it! BUGGER!
    I was suffering a very depressing pregnancy with 6 months of chuking up and not eating alot and bubs dad never coming to 1 single appoinment i was a cranky biarch!!! Apart from really really sore nipples caused by cysts and morning sickness for 6 months my pregnancy went without a hitch! It was great apart from all the obvious things like being so big u weigh in at 200puunds LOL, sore legs, tired, lazy, light headed, etc... i didnt get diabietes or high blood pressure or anything as such! i lived on vegemite, tuna and bananas! :P I gave up meat and alcohol from word go!
    At 7 months pregnant i started to stress a little with everyone saying i was so big i could pop anyday. My check ups were saying bub was not going to be premmi though so that was reliefe. By 8 n a half months my best friend from melbourne came up for the birth and stayed 3 weeks just missing the birth. I was starting to worry about every niggle and poke i felt by now wondering it it was labour! I had no idea what to expect! I also went up to the hospital one night and had a contraction belt put on me cause bub had non stop hiccups and hadnt slept or stopped moving for 2days and i was worried but everythig was fine! Bub was due on the 5th of March 2005 or the 7th they were my 2 due dates but they come and went i was booked in to be induced on the 15th if the baby hadnt arrived by then!
    It was looking good for my family as my grandma's birthday was on the 10th of March so we all preyed i went into labour on that day to give grandma the best bday present ever! Well my grandma got her wish (sort of) at 4am on the 10th of march i was woken in exrutiating pin in my lower pelvis like a period pain on heat, it lasted 2 days and i enquired with the maternity ward who kept saying it was probably just braxton hicks! or me over reacting they said wait till the pain in unbareable or my waters broke! Then on the 13th march at 8am the pain was kicked in to the point i was in tears and dropping to my knees! The hopital again told me to wait till something happened that was worth coming in for. I might not of had a baby before or experiences as such but i was like OMG i am coming in i waited as long as i could bare till my parter timed my contractions 1 min apart then i told everyone to get in the car LOL every bump on the trip killed me! I didnt scream or make loud noises i just groaned in pain and winged ALOT pmsl!!!
    Apon arival at hospital they warned me i would be sent home but would put me on a contraction belt anyways for half an hour! I couldn't stay still i was in agony and needed fresh air but they forced me to stay there the whole half hour out and finally believed me that i was in labour LOL They asked a Sh** load of questions and i said i had been in pain on and off since the sunday morning and the midwife's face dropped and she said "oh Sh** we best do an internal" as she is prepping for it she is telling me i was to calm to be in labour and that i could probably go home and wait for my waters to bust anyways seeing as the baby was doing fine and neither of u were under any danger! Then she did the internal and exclaimed i would not be going anywhere as i was almost 7cm dialated! She said she was gobsmacked i was so calm! I begged for anything to ease the pain but i got refused as i was apparently too calm to be in any agony! I went into hospital around 10.30am that morning and by 4pm had to have my waters busted because i was sick of waiting of them to go on there own!!! The mid wive had nver seen anything like it before, as soon as they busted my waters i learnt how to bring on my own contractions when i was ready and controlled them.... i'd gone from 1min apart to 5 mins apart just by breathing, relaxing and taking over!!! My first few pushes she crowned and i got to touch her head, i even at one stage asked if i was in labour yet and another asked if wa having my baby soon? LOL!!!! Ti kept crowning then going back up! I felt like my crack was being ripped to shreads and even screamed at them to stitch it back up while i was crowning her head again PMSL Finally at 6.26pm tia came with one last push!!!! Wooot wooooo!!! The mid wife said she wanted me to determine the sex of the baby, she held bub infront of me and i said YAYAY its a boy cause i really wanted a boy! the midwife said "lets try that again" she shifted the umbelical chord and i was like "oh its a girl" i felt sad for like a day or 2 about it BUT i learnt u cant shop for a boy like u can with a girl and i wouldnt change her to a boy if i could go back now she rocks!!
    I laid in reliefe and heard my baby cry! I was in total shock LOL I'd just had a baby!!! She was 7.13lbs, her head circ was 31cm and she was a whopping 51cm long!!! Tia was completely drug free and i had no stitches or tearings only a little graze which mind u i was scared to pee for a week and taking a Sh** oh dont get me started i litterally didnt crap for a whole month i avoided it like the plague lol

great story, what a laugh!!! congrats

An awesome perception WELL DONE!!!

Thanks for sharing that - well done on a drug free birth! I had to come and read this birth story after reading your DD's name. Just wanted to say what a beautiful name you've given your daughter - it's the same name i've chosen for my DD due any day now Good minds think alike hey!!!

Tanibop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by *Rae* View Post
    Thanks for sharing that - well done on a drug free birth! I had to come and read this birth story after reading your DD's name. Just wanted to say what a beautiful name you've given your daughter - it's the same name i've chosen for my DD due any day now Good minds think alike hey!!!
    do u remember a show called sister sister? it was a comedy sitcom about twin sisters? Well that's where i got tia's name from he he he

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on doing such a wonderful job birthing your little girl

Well done Tanibop!