Thread: Tiera May's birth 30 Oct 07

Default Tiera May's birth 30 Oct 07

I hope you all enjoy our story. I am sorry it is a long one! Read what you wish.

At 9am Tues 30 Oct I had an appointment with my OB at 40+2 weeks preg, whilst in with her had 3 contractions and was told things would pregress within 24hrs. Called mum who was coming from SYD to Forster for the birth.

Mum arrived Tues afternoon, contractions a little uncomfy but nothing exciting and were quite irregular... Well I thought they were irregular. Mum started timing them at 10 mins apart, they were getting a little more painful by now. we made a quick jump from 10mins to 5 mins apart and started to think about heading to the hospital as they were lasting between 40secs to a min. I did not want to go to hospital, thought it was far too early yet so had a shower. When I got out of the shower contrations were about 2 mins apart and they got me in the car. At the beginning of the car trip I thought to myself 'this isn't as bad as I'd expected'.... silly me! Once I had arrived at the hospital pains had intensified HEAPS! They had a look at me and I was still only 2cm dilated... I freaked thinking I could go all night. Had a shower and was given some pethedine. The Pethedine releaved a few contractions (not many), but made me sleep in between each one, which was great! With each contraction I felt like I was going to be sick, but never was. As the contractions intensified they got a bit further apart adn I started begging for an epidural, still thinking I had a long way to go. A new midwife came to asses me and I was 8cm dilated... Woo Hoo! She tried to convince me I wouldn't need any more pain relief, I was doing great on my own. Pain was getting unbarable, but was told I could get through it on my own. I started to feel the need to push (had a lot of trouble stopping myself) and was told not to push as yet. Midwife went away for a while when she came back I was check once again and was told it was safe to push (she also added that I probably could have been pushing with each urge I'd already had!). With the first push I felt the burning and stopped, telling them to get it out themself as it hurt too much!!! lol After 5 or 6 pushes (14 mins of pushing) bubby's head was out, with her elbow. Her umbilical cord had wrapped around her neck and shoulder. They untangled her and one more push and we welcomed our precious baby into the world!

She was put in my stomach, I had to ask, 'what did we have?' The midwife lifted the towel to show me we had a gorgeous baby girl!

Tiera May, born 10:24pm 30 Oct 07 3.4kgs (7lb 8) 48.5cm long 35.2cm head circ. apgar 1& 5mins = 9 (her name is pronounced Tier (as in a cake Tier)-a)

I had 2-3 deg tears, getting stitched was sooooo horrible, it out wieghed everything else I had been through. Dr hadn't seen tears as bad in a very long time and rarely seen at all in his 14 yrs as an OB.

5 days on I am feeling so much better, Tiera is so great and such a good feeder. I feel so blessed and can't believe how much love you can have for one person! I am such a proud mother!

I do appologise this is so long! I hope you enjoy our story.

~Belinda~ Guest

What a lovely story Pish, thanks so much for sharing that. I can't wait to meet my little girl! Hope all is going well with you and you have a lovely time with your little one. May you all be blessed with love and happiness always

Congratulations on the arrival of Tiera.

Great birth story Tiff. You did a great job on your own. I wouldn't blame you for crying during the stiches!

Enchanted Guest

What a great story.

Congratulations on your little princess

well done love!!!

Thank you ladies. She is doing really well, letting me get some good sleep in at night and is bearly unsettled. We are very lucky to have such a good baby!

Well done Tiff...thanks for sharing your story

Amazing! You should be so very proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Well done & thank-you for sharing your amazing story

Well done Tiff, Welcome to the world Tiera (LOVE the name by the way).

Congratulations sweetie, see you could do it, and here you are with your very own story.
    Congrats at the whole birth, like you said in my sons birth story, our bodies are amazing when it comes to something it KNOWS what to do!!
    Thankyou for sharing your story, had to laugh though when you thought its was to early to go and then when you thought you could handle it until you got to the hossy.

Hope your enjoying your babymoon xoxox