Thread: Welcome James (Jimmy) Eric!!

tetalina Guest

Default Welcome James (Jimmy) Eric!!

Hi everyone – finally got a spare minute to post my birth story! Here goes:
    In the weeks leading up to my due date, I had high blood pressure, so the Dr decided that she would not let me go more than 1 week overdue. I was hopeful that I wouldn’t need the induction, as I had been feeling contractions (Braxton hicks) for many days previously. Anyway, unfortunately the due date came and went and so I was scheduled to go in to hospital on 31 May. In we went and the gel was administered, there was no action straight away so I was sent home with some painkillers and sleeping tablets and told to come back at 7.30 the next morning, if not before.

We arrived at hospital the next morning and the Dr broke my waters and the contractions started coming fairly regularly, so it was decided I wouldn’t need to go on the drip. A few hours passed and the contractions were getting more and more intense, 4 hours later I decided to start on the gas but that soon wasn’t enough. The midwife decided to check how dilated i was, and I was absolutely devastated to hear that I was only 2cm!!! I was so upset, so decided to go with the epidural, as the gas was not effective enough any more and it looked as if I was in for the long haul.

What bliss! Epidurals are god’s gift to women (so was the anaesthetist, btw). I kept labouring for the time being and was able to top it up myself. However, I was soon experiencing ‘breakthrough’ pain and could still feel the pain of the contractions (although obviously less intensely). By this time I was getting very distressed as time was ticking on and I thought it would have been over by then!!! They had also started the drip to speed up the contractions seeing as though I had pain relief.

The Dr was checking on me regularly and I was unfortunately not making any progress – I was stuck at 6cm 12 hours after labour began. I was very upset and my DH was even more so, seeing me in such distress. What was worse though was that the staff could see that bub’s heart rate was dropping with every contraction. It was decided that I needed an emergency caesarean. Although this would have been my worst nightmare, I was desperate for it all to end so was willing them to hurry up and get it done!

My darling and beautiful, healthy son Jimmy was born at 10.26pm, weighing 7lb 9. Dr said that there was no way he was coming out naturally as my pelvis etc just could not accommodate him – I’m too small apparently. So next time (if there is one) I would probably have to go with a caesarean as well, and if I recover as well as I have this time, I won’t mind a bit!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Bummer that you had to end up with a caesar after all that. [email protected] the athaesthetist being God's gift.

Take care
    Trish

Thankyou for sharing your story with us !!! and Welcome to BellyBelly as well

Love

Default reply

Very good to have you here on BB, and what a great birth story! O

Melinda Guest

That's a great story! Thank you for sharing it with us....it's always great to read birth stories!!

Welcome to BB too.....I hope you enjoy it here!

Hi Tetalina

Welcome to BB and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Congratulations on your birth.

Take care

Deeanne

Hi Tetalina and welcome to BellyBelly!

What a great birth story! Thanks so much for sharing it, and Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing that story, it is a shame they can't work out that the size of your pelvis is too small before you go through all that pain. It seems to happen alot too, so why not screen for it with each woman at her first pg. At least now you know and can go straight to the ceaser without the labour next time.

Cheers Michelle

tetalina,

glad you are recovering so well. congrats!!

Linda

Hi Tetalina,

Thanks for sharing Jimmy's birth strory. Welcome to BB.

Hi Tetalina,

Welcome to BellyBelly and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Congratulations on the birth of Jimmy.

Thanks for sharing your story! LOL at the anethasist being Gods gift to women

Wow, you sound so positive about your experience. Congratulations and welcome to James.

Hi Tetalina,

Welcome to BB.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Congrats on the birth of James.

katanya Guest

What bliss! Epidurals are god’s gift to women (so was the anaesthetist, btw).
    LOL I can relate to that..

Welcome to Belly Belly and thanks for sharing your story!