Thread: WELCOME my little man - Joshua Damien - 25.01.08

Default WELCOME my little man - Joshua Damien - 25.01.08

Hello Lovely Mummies and Bubbies,

JOSHUA's Day of Arrival.

Ok.. On Wednesday 23rd I was booked in for another Midwife appt as I was 41+4 weeks. She did an Internal Examination and found me about 1cm dilated. Was booked in then for a induction for the following evening using the gel. On Thursday, DH and I went out shopping.. bowling.. hanging out with my family. Was experiencing some BH in the morning.. but by the afternoon they got a little more intense. Once at the hospital the midwife did another internal and found that I had dilated to 2cm. She "stirred" things up a little more and said that we where free to go home and let "nature" do the rest. Once I was home.. I was in labour.. !!! Did not sleep a wink. Paced the living room. Watched a little telly. TIRED to sleep. The contractions where getting to about 3-4 min apart .. but as the sun came up... they slowed right down!! HOW FRUSTRATING!!! I was due to return to Hospi at 7am so no need to rush now! At the hospi they did another internal... YAY... more dilated. So my waters where broken and the show was on the road. I had the gas, but found it made me loose focus and feel kinda sick. So the bath and shower where my friend. I think I screamed the whole ward to attention.. !! Funny when I think back.
    Then at around 5pm that night the midwife was noting the baby's heartbeat and during my contractions .. the heart rate was dropping very low.. then steadily get back to normal between the contractions. Seeing I had been awake for 36 hours and in labour for a good part of that.. they called the doc's in. Baby was far enough down to deliver vaginally.. PHEW!! The doctors pulled him out via suction cap. OUCH!!! Joshua Damien was born at 6.10pm. Thankfully .. after the tests where done on his ambilical cord... he was pulled out in time! Any longer.. as I was later told.. and his oxygen supply would have been cut off!!! SCARY!! I ended up with a third degree tear but the little angel was well worth it!

Wow.. now that I read it back .. its kinda scary. I sure am not keen to repeat the experience in a hurry.

Thanks for taking the time to read it!!

PS .. sorry for any spelling mistakes.. !!

Take Care
    Tascha and Joshua

aawwww....
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!
    love and hugs
    Kirst
    xoxoxoxox

You did a fantastic job Tascha - well done on bringing your little man into the world! Hope that you heal nice and quickly!!

Congrats! You did so well!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!