Thread: Blood Pressure Slowly Creeping Up !!!

I live in a small country town in NSW called Hay. Very remote and very quiet lol

Default Blood Pressure Slowly Creeping Up !!!

Earlier in my pregnancy i was told that i was at high risk of getting pre-eclampsia due to me having it with my first son (11 years ago). Everything has been going good up till now, but my blood pressure has decided to slowly creep up on me .

I am scheduled to have a C-section on the 26th of August at the royal woman's hospital in Melbourne. My biggest fear is landing in hospital where i have to spend week's before having my bundle of joy. Even though my son is 11 he's still my baby lol, but i know he is in good hands with my husband and my mother.

I have had small signs of fluid in my ankles, but it isn't bad. At this stage in my pregnancy with my son (32 week's) i was already in hospital on strict bed rest as i had bad fluid in my ankles and tummy. So i suppose you could say i have had a good run up till now. Even though i am getting a bit of fluid, it's usually gone by morning.

All i can say is "Roll on 26th August" lol

I already had pre-existing high blood pressure and mine has been creeping up to. I am due to have my baby at the RWH too. I am 2 weeks behind you. We might see each other there.

Hi,

It might be ok. I hope it is

I had PE with my 1st and havent experienced it again, even though i have high BP for the rest of my life.

I also get swelling too and its getting quite prominent.

What is your BP at the moment? Do you have protein in your urine?

I hope you can get to your scheduled date

Wombles, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Perhaps you won't have PE as severely as last time. My BP started creeping up too once I hit the 30 week mark. At 35 weeks I was hospitalised for the weekend with a BP of about 160/110 and small traces of protein in urine. But was sent home and told to take it easy after BP meds (aldomet) helped to settle it down. My bub was born by cs at 38 weeks. Ever since my PG though my BP has never quite got to normal. When my GP checked it a couple of weeks ago it was 139/91. I wan't to start TTC next month so I'm hoping my BP doesn't play up too much again.
    All girls above, I'd be interrested in you keeping me updated on how your BP goes as your pregnancies progress.

Hi Wombles
    You can have high BP without having PE. However if your BP goes too high then it could be a problem. Fortunately your BP can often be controlled with medication.
    If you have any of the following symptoms you should get things checked out.
    Spots or zig zags in front of your eyes for more than 30 seconds.
    Dizzy and headache
    Sharp pain just under your breast bone.
    Swelling of your face.

I live in a small country town in NSW called Hay. Very remote and very quiet lol

We could cross each other's path's indie, but i am scheduled to have a C-section on the 26th of August, 2 week's before my due date. I don't know if i am getting nervous or excited or a bit of both lol

So far my blood pressure has been around the 142/83, though my last bp reading was 130/72. I have had no sign of protein in my urine which is great. I have just completed another 24 hour urine test.

I have had no signs of flashing lights or zig zags in my eyes. I have tingling in the tips of my fingers, but i also have carpel tunnel (don't know if that is how it is spelt lol), and it's not really that bad. When i was pregnant with my first son, i had no feeling in the tips of my fingers at all. I haven't even really had much fluid, and if there is fluid in my ankles, it's usually gone by morning and it's not really that visible. When i had PE with my first son it was terrible, i had huge ankles that would never go down and my stomach was terrible, they actually played naughts and crosses on it lol So far so good is all i can say, i was already in hospital at this stage in my pregnancy with my son.

I have an appointment at the royal woman's in melbourne this coming monday the 28th of July. With my blood pressure going up and down i am worried they will want to keep me there, but i am praying that they don't, it's such a long way from home (4 and a half hours) and i don't think i could handle being that far away from home for 5 week's or more.

Wow spice your blood pressure has been alot higher than mine and they have been worried about it We have been hoping and praying that i don't get the PE as bad or if at all this time around.

Like i said in my previous post, my blood pressure has been up and down but it's been around the 140/80 mark. I went on blood pressure medication with my first pregnancy, it helped, but it was the fluid i was holding as well, it was terrible, where this time around i am not holding much at all if any, and if i do it's gone by morning or soon after i have laid down and had a rest or something. lol... it just get's frustrating.

Hi Wombles,

Thats great that your BP hasn't been too bad so far. Also the bottom reading is the one they really worry about apparently and yours at around 80 has been pretty good. I recon you'll be fine this time lovely.

I am thinking of hiring a BP monitor for a couple of weeks so I can establish what my average BP is and if it hasn't settled down a bit I'll go to the Dr's again. I have my fingers crossed that it's starting to settle down because as you can see from my sig I want to start TTC next month!