Thread: Could I have Pre Eclampsia

Default Could I have Pre Eclampsia

Here is a little history when I had my first and only ob visit at 12 weeks the ob was very concerned about my blood pressure which was taken on my right arm and I was sitting in the chair, so much so I went to weekly midwife appts straight away anyhow the midwife told me that she should of taken my blood pressure with me laying on my LH side anyway so every time I have my checks which went to monthly but as I am over 26 weeks have now gone fornightly the midwife says my bp is fine but she wont tell me what it is last time I had my appt nearly a fortnight ago now she said my bp was ok and then she asked me 101 questions about sweling and stuff. Now just in this last few weeks my legs have become really achy my ankles and feet in particular feel like they are swollen but don't look like it and my eye sight has become fuzzy.
    Im starting to think from what I have read it might be the begining of pre eclampsia I read in another thread that allan said your bp should be no more than 130/90 and from when I had to take it daily at 12 weeks I know it is higher than that.
    I think my midwife might not be stressing the point to much as she knows how much it stressed me out when the ob had told me all this stuff back at 12 weeks, obviously I will discuss this further with her at my next appt but just wanting to get your thoughts

Hi Bec

If you eye sight is getting fuzzy then you should get checked. I cant understand why your Midwife would not tell you what your BP is. Do they write it down anywhere? Here all women have a booklet that they keep and we enter the details like the BP in that at each visit. When you get checked ask for a urine test then ask them to explain the results to you. If you have more than a trace of protein in your urine then you may need a blood test.
    If you need any more info just let me know.

Please go and get yourself checked out as soon as you can.

Fuzzy eyesight is not something to ignore.

If your BP is over 150/95 they should give you medication to control it.

Best wishes.

I might give the midwife a call today again, I do have a little book I never throught to check the BP in there will check at lunch time to see what it says her handwritting is a little hard to read but I will try and dicipher I thought my eyes my be to do with lack of sleep but I had a verry good sleep last night and my eyes are still fuzzy and weird esp when trying to focus on something ie reading or typing etc if I am just like outside its not to bad until I go to read something

Becky - go and see a doctor asap!

When I started to develop Pre Eclampsia, my midwife just dismissed my bp and put it down to *stress*.

It was ludicrous.

Go and demand tests be made, for the sake of you and your baby!