Thread: High BP

Question High BP

Hi everyone

Just returned from the OB today. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and found my BP today was 160/80 (im normally 120/80). She is a little concerned and has told me to try and rest more, particularly after work, and put me onto weekly visits to monitor this. She also warned that it may be neccessary to deliver baby early...like 34/35 weeks...

I have no signs (apart from high BP) for PE....

So...my question is...is this serious? I mean I plan to rest more etc but is it really something I should be worried about?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You said your dr is only a little concerned and if she's going to be keeping a close eye on you then I would try not to worry too much. After all worrying will only make your BP high, so that's not good.

However I don't see why she said to you that you may need to have your baby early. Did she not discuss with you taking medication if you did not develop any further PE symptoms? Maybe you could ask her about this the next time that you see her.

Do as you have been directed and just wait to see what happens.

Hi,

Yes, i agree with the PP. At 28 wks i can see they would put you on meds before they bring you on.

I have had PE and they try to make you hang out until 37/38 wks if they can and thats with PE, not just PIH.

I wouldnt stress about having a premmie just yet, i am sure they will exhaust medication and bed rest first and if it is uncontrollable then look at getting baby out.

Just rest as much as you possibly can.

Yeah.... I think she was just trying to warn me of what could happen if I didnt listen to her and do as Im told

But I do have other medical issues hence already having a c-section booked for 37 1/2 weeks....

Oh well...no housework for me...how ever will I cope?

Hi,

LOL. Yes how will you ever cope

Well i hope you rest up