Thread: PE Question

Default PE Question

Okay i can just be having one of those freaking out moments but as i have had PE twice i know i could have it a third time.

Now what i was wondering is can it happen earlier than my other pregnancies or should it start later ?

Last Thursday they found some protien in my urine and two days before i had a horrible headache that took all night to clear. My BP was fine last Thursday but today when i saw the Dr it had gone up a little and i am praying it's only because of a sore back i have but i have been feeling out of breath a lot. I have to see the Dr again in two days time to have my urine and BP checked again.

Okay well this question has been answered over the last few days i have early pre-eclampisa. It's started earlier than it did with my other two and i am being watched very carefully to make sure things go okay and bubs get to stay in a little longer.

Good luck with everything Michelle xxx Hope everything settles very soon

Good luck Michelle, glad at least you are armed with the info and they are keeping an eye on you, although I'm sure you're annoyed about having it again - you are really getting more than your fair share!!
    Take it easy and hope baby can stay in there as long as possible!

Good luck Michelle. Take care of you and bubs.

moment by moment Guest

Hi Michelle, i am just new here but read your post and wondered how your going. I have 2kids boy 6 and girl 10mths 7mths corrected she was born in Jan this year 12weeks early due to pre eclmapsia and hellp syndrome there is an excellent site called AAPEC, go there and take a look. You said you have had it for the third time now. Did no one tell you what it can do after the first and second times?? My daughter was born weighing 861gms or 1lb 14 ozes due to this and makes me so sad when people are not being told about pe or hellps. My son was born well induced at 40weeks and although not told i do think i may have had mild form of pe with him and got the severe form with my daughter. I am outside the box so to say as to medical profession I didnt have it in my first and it is know as the first pregnancy disease. I now tell everyone about pe.

I hope you okay take it easy and check out that site its really helpful.

Fiona
    Last edited by kirsty; November 19th, 2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: unathorised link included in post.

Hi Fiona,

I have been on that site before. They said when i fell pg with my second that i shouldn't get it a second time but i did. I have been told this time i have a 80% chance of getting it before i reach 36wks so it's now just the waiting game and 3 visits a week to the hospital for checkups.

moment by moment Guest

Hi Michelle,

seems not alot of people are told or really understand this conditions either. I had a really quick onset from going to the hospital 2.1.06 and she was born the morning of 6.1.06 and i ended up developing HELLP Syndrome (evil sister to pe. as if pe wasnt evil enough) i spent 2days in icu and i know ladies who have spent longer. Some have taken their babies home and others have not.
    Look after yourself.

Fiona

moment by moment Guest

Hi i just want to say sorry for adding the link to the aapec site when i was not suppose to. I didnt know i was not suppose to do this. thanks to the mods for emailing me and telling me alot of sites prob would have just pulled it and thats it.

sorry again

fiona