Thread: Pre-Eclampsia???

Default Pre-Eclampsia???

Hey Guys

Just a few questions really. I've been to an appt today and

* My blood pressure is 130/80
    * My feet have been swelling on and off
    * I've had black spots on and off

I'm going back next Friday for another check up but so far there is no protein in my urine. I have read in a few other posts though that some people never had protein in their urine?!?

I understand the symptons of PE but what are the outcomes? Will I move from being a low risk midwifery care patient??

Of course I may not have PE at all - I guess I'm just wondering what the consequences would be if I did.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much Shannon that really helps! I'm going back this Friday for them to check my BP again and for the GTT test as well. From memory my BP has been sitting about 120/60... I think! I will check again tonight.

LOL now I understand what PIH is as well which is handy!! I guess I will just have to wait till Friday and see. The scary thing besides feeling a bit tired which I put down to the start of the weekend I didn't feel bad at all.

They did say that it was borderline high and not to be overly concerned. Just thought I'd find out a bit more just in case I go back Friday and they say its still high. At least I'd be a bit more informed then & less likely to freak out!

Thanks again!

When i had pre eclampsia, the swelling began much earlier than any of the other symptoms. Protein was the last thing to appear.

They will keep a close eye on you, and give you hypertensive medication if neccessary.

Good luck x

Thanks!!

Well the BP was down slightly today and whilst they seemed quite concerned on Monday the midwife I had today didn't really seem bothered by any it... Still have some shooting pains in my feet and pins & needles sometimes as well as blurred vision. I guess I can only keep on eye on it myself and go back if I think anything is wrong!

Thanks so much for your advice girls!

Lea, I would tend to follow your own instinct too. So many midwives told me my bp was high because i 'was just stressed' and dismissed it!

Take care hun x