Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Eclampsia

Default Pre Eclampsia

Hi

I was just wondering for those of you who had Pre Eclampsia in your first pregnancies, did you get it again in subsequent pregnancies?

8-[

http://www.stenosis.org.uk/preeclampsia_for_parents.htm

Tigergirl1980 Guest

My mum had pre eclampsia with her first and then didn't have it for the next 4. I guess it is possible though, everyone might be different, IYKWIM? I'm hoping I don't get it again.

Custardtart Guest

I did for the first, but not the other two. It's always a risk, and I went on medication for high BP during this pregnancy, but didn't have pre-eclampsia again.

Kerrie

I had it with both of my pregnancies.
    When i fell pregnant with Alexander i did ask if i would get it again and they kept saying no unless i have changed partners.

The only difference is that i didn't get as sick the second time and it was further into my pregnancy when i fell ill.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

That's interesting Michelle because I can't see how it has to do with your partner, my doctor was watching me carefully throughout because my mum had had it. And she was with the same partner when she got it right through until she had her 4th child and she didn't get it again.

Bec,
    It has a lot to do with the sperm that is what my OB told me. I guess that is why most women only get it once as your body gets used to it.

With me i think my body just hates it. lol

It is more likely that you *might* get it again with any subsequent pregnancies if you had it with your first pregnancy. People who didn't have it with their first are unlikely to have it with their second, unless they change their partners. If this makes sense.

My dr has known women who have only ever had it the once and also women who have had it with each and every pregnancy, I guess it all depends on your body.

Hi Gwen,

The girls are right - just because you had pre-eclampsia the first time round, does not mean that you will have it again, but you are at a higher risk of having it again unfortunatelly.

You will find that with your next pregnancy they will watch you even more carefully though.

So great to see you back by the way, and the very, very best of luck in Tccing #2!

Hi Kate! Gosh, it's been a while since i've caught up with everyone on here!!! Your baby looks beautiful!!! =D>

Gabby!!! I can't believe how quickly time has gone, and your little munchkin is nearly here now! =D> Is it a boy or girl, do you know yet? \/

I am excited about tcc #2. I really hope it doesn't take too long . I am a bit worried about getting PET again, but you girls are right there's no real way of telling and I had no idea sperm had something to do with it!!

xx

Hi Gwen,

How are you and Seren doing ??

Goodluck with TTC again.

Hi Gwen,

Yep, time flies!!

Munchy is a little boy, so we are very excited to get to meet him soon!

All is going along very well so far, have fnished work till mid next year so I am really enjoying having a little time to myself, and getting time with my hubby and house. Been home for 2 weeks now, and that is the longest I have had off (outside of study leave for exams) since I've been a dr. It is just soooo good!!

Take care, and I too would love to see some recent photos of your little lady!!

Look forward to hearing of your BFP soon!!

Hi,

I didn't have pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy but i had it with my second pregnancy.

Take care Leah

cazoraz Guest

Hi,

I havent had PE with either of my pregnancies, but my girlfriend had it with her first and is pregnant again now so is all up to date on the chances etc.

Apparently, if you developed PE before 35wks with your first, then you have a 50% chance of developing it again with subsequent pregnancies. If you developed it after 35wks, then the chances are like 10-20% that you'll get it again.

If you're in the higher risk category (contratced before 35wks), you will porbably be given asprinfrom around 12wks and they'll keep a closer eye on you. You will probably be classed 'high risk' like my friend is just cos the chances are higher. Oh, and they are also higher if you are carrying extra weight, have high BP and are young.

All that said, the dr will keep a much closer eye on you this time so they will be able to catch anything sooner if it does develop.

Hope that all makes sense!
    xxxCaz

I got pre eclampsia with my first but not with my second. I developed it at 37 weeks though, so I guess that made me less likely to get it again. It was a worry for me during my last pregnancy but everything turned out to be fine, and the midwives did keep an eye on my BP, particularly in the final weeks.

Bon

I had pre-eclampsia with both my pgs. Didn't get it with the m/c because wasn't far enough along.

With the first, I was diagnosed at 30 weeks, but had had it for at least six weeks. BP was 205/180 when hospitalised, nd +4 proteins in the urine. Managed to hold off delivery until 34+6, and Alex was IUGR at 1.9 kilos.

But he's fine now.

With Ned, had p/e at 38 weeks (but had been on cartia-asprin since 18 weeks) and delivered via c/s at 40+6. Was monitored fairly consistently (almost weekly between hospital and GP) from about 32 weeks.

Best wishes with your TTC journey, Rachel!

I'm glad I come across this thread, I had PE with my DD and then assumed that I wouldn't get it again.
    She was born at 33weeks so I guess I'm in the high risk category and will have to have monitoring in my next pregnancy.
    Didn't know anything about the asprin.

My PET started coming on at about 23 weeks. My hands, feet, face and legs all became massively swollen and my bp was creeping up at the same time. I looked totally different to what I do now.

When i went to ante natal clinic at 28 weeks, my bp was 190/130. I was admitted straight away and then had to wait until 33+6 days where I had an emergency caesarian.

I hope and pray I don't get it again. [-o< I didn't realise how ill I felt until I delivered.

I had severe PE with #1 and then went on to have severe pregnancy induced hypertension with #2 and have PIH (not severe yet) with my 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast