Thread: What is considered high blood pressure?

Default What is considered high blood pressure?

Hi all

Ive had normal bp all pregnancy usually around the 110/70 mark.. today i noticed I have 130/90 is that high ? what ( numerically ) is considered high bp ( ie : to be concerned about ) ?

Thanks!

Doctors are more concerned when the bottom number (so 90 for you) is rising. My hospital admits you if you have 90 or above. Others are different. I would definatly get it checked again tomorrow and ask if they think it's a problem.

Hi , I'm not too sure, but my bp went up the day before I had dd. So here's hoping bubs isnt too far away. But I agree with Tegan, if unsure ring the hospital or talk to your dr.

Love

My BP sat around the same as yours for most of my first and second trimester. Then it started rising. Once it hit /95 they admitted me but they definately weren't happy with it being /90 either. Did they ask you about swelling, blurry vision or anything like that?

The midwifes said to that any jump over 15 on the bottom dialistic is reason for them to keep a closer eye on you.

Helen is right in saying that the high BP could be an indication of labour as well!!!

thanks for the advice looks like its back down to 120/80 today ... so maybe it was just the time i measured it or something ??
    ... or the big L ? ( Labor ) heheh nah , no chance
    Thanks again girls!