Thread: 7 Month Old Routine

Question 7 Month Old Routine

My little man is almost 7 months old and he's having 5 breast feeds a day and 3 solids a day. He generally feeds about 7am, 10:30am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm. i've just got a few questions out of curiosity:

* How many feeds a day does your 7 month old have (solids & milk)?
    * How often (& how long) a day does your 7 month ols sleep?
    * How long is the overnight sleep?

Thanks & Happy Easter!

My 7.5 month old has 3 good sized meals a day, as well as BF roughly 5am, 8.30am, 11.30am, 3pm, 6pm and usually two 'top-ups' during the night.

As far as sleeps go he has two naps lasting anywhere from 40mins to about 1.5hours. He goes to bed at night roughly 7.30pm and wakes about 2-3 times during the night. He is an early bird and wakes anytime after 5am for the day.

My DS is 7 months and has 3 solids meals a day (fruit in the morning, rice cereal for lunch and vegies for dinner). I demand BF him so he can feed up to 10 times in 24 hours - it's usually every 2 hours throughout the day. He has 2 sleeps that last 1 - 1.5 hours each and he can wake anywhere up to 4 or 5 times a night and they can all be at different times each night.

Toby is six months old, so not quite your little ones age.
    I honestly could not tell you how many breastfeeds he has in a day, I stopped counting I guess he would have 5 or 6 with a few snacks/settling/comfort sucks thrown in there as well.
    He has one meal of solids a day at the moment, just farex and some pureed pear. We've only started solids recently.
    During the day he has one long sleep in the morning of about 2.5 hours and most days a second sleep of about 2 hours in the afternoon. The morning one is always easy, the afternoon one is always a battle. Somedays it's only an hour, some days it's a catnap.
    Night time he goes to bed at 7pm and usually sleeps through now until 5am. He has a big feed at 5 then will usually sleep with me for another hour or until DD wakes the whole house up
    Sometimes he wakes up for a feed at 2am but not alot.

Nina is 7.5 months and hers is:

* bottles at 8.30, 11.30, 3.30, 6.00
    * solids at 8.00, 12.00 & 4.30
    * first sleep between 9-11 lasting 2-3 hrs, second sleep between 2-4 lasting 1 hr
    * sleeps 12-14 hrs a night, sometimes through the night, sometimes waking up to 3 times a night.
    * goes to sleep between 6-7pm, wakes between 7-8am

Charlotte is nearly 9 months old, and she has anywhere between 5-9 feeds in 24 hours, they are normally 7:30, 9:30-11:30/12, 4pm, 7pm and then a roll over feed around 10pm.
    We are trying to give her 3 meals a day, but this a struggle ( there is a whole story on our feeding issues).
    Also Charlotte wakes up for her dummy around 2am.

My DD is 6.5 months.
    At the moment she is on 2 solids a day, prolly eats 3rd of a jar at each sitting. Plus she has 7-8 breastfeeds also, she much prefers booby over solids.
    Day sleeps she has 3x 30min naps. Times vary.
    Overnight she'll sleep from 7:30pm to bout 8am and in that time she'll awaken 3 times for the breast.

Jesse's bottle fed but his routine is:

Bottles: 7.30am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm

Solids: 8.30am (cereal with fruit), 1pm (yogurt or fruit gel - sometimes half/half), 5.30pm (1/2 tin Veges/chicken and veges or beef and veges for dinner, and 1/2 tin custard for desert)

He generally will have 2-3 naps during the day for 1/2 to 1.5 hours. At night he is put in his cost straight after his 7pm bottle and falls asleep within about half hour. Then sleeps through until 6.30am-7am.

This is William's general routine

630am- Wake and bottle
    play for an hour - hour and a half - sleep for 1/2 to 1hour

9am- Breakfast usually Farex

12noon- Bottle- play - nap

3pm- yoghurt

530- dinner veggies

630- bath
    7pm- bottle and bed

This routine seems to be doing the trick here but they are all different.

Here is Paige's general routine:

7-8am ~ bottle - wait 10-15min then she has her breakkie, weet-bix - fruit - yoghurt

11 - 12pm ~ bottle - Solids (usually a sandwich with fruit or veggies)

3pm - Bottle - Snack - fruit/yoghurt and a rusk, or some type of finger food.

5pm - Dinner - Usually this is whatever we had the night before mooshed, or fresh veggies or if I am super organised it will be whatever we are having for dinner that night - just adapted for Paige (No salt etc). I also have a stockpile of frozen home made meals in the freezer.

6-7pm - Bottle

Wow, thanks girls! It's great to see what other bubs around Riley's age are doing... I'm planning to try and cut back to 4 breastfeeds a day soon, more for my sanity than anything else though... Who knows if it will work...

Thanks again!