thread: ABA Breastfeeding classes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Aug 2011
    Adelaide
    238

    I benefited SO much from the class and the book is a BIBLE!!! it was my 2nd baby too, FF the first due to medical complications.


    ---------
    Leah and Dan
    Lucy 5
    Minnie 2
    Pippi due 29 sept

    YOU are what YOU eat!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    2,037

    I highly recommend it too - and it would be great if you could convince your DP to go too as they do cover what he can do to help and support you and bub.

    My DH kept saying he didn't want to go because he'd be embarrassed seeing another woman's breasts. I flippantly said 'it's not like they have a real life demo or anything' HA! When the instructor announced she'd be joining us and placed a chair for her right near ours I think DH pretty much killed me with his eyes right there and then

    By the time he got to practising with his own doll he just went with the flow!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)
    2,611

    There is no way DF would go.. And practise with the doll.. Oh I'd LOVE to see the look on DF's face then!! I am quite happy to go on my own. It sounds like it will be good..

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    There is no way DF would go.. And practise with the doll.. Oh I'd LOVE to see the look on DF's face then!! I am quite happy to go on my own. It sounds like it will be good..
    Definitely try to get him along. Only 3 mums in our class of 16 didn't bring partners. It made a huge difference to my partner's ability to support me. The classes are well worth it.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Add belfie on Facebook

    Oct 2007
    Melbourne
    2,362

    yeah I agree, encourage DF if you can. We went to one second time around (after a very difficult BF'ing r/ship first time - EE'ed instead). My DH was confident he knew EVERYTHING and for sure didn't need to attend, after all it's all about the boobs right? But I convinced him, and while there were definitely bits we both knew... we both came away saying... oh boy , we learned some crucial stuff!! He said he learned more about how to support me, that he hadn't realised he didn't know IYKWIM.

  6. #6
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Your DF should go. I haven't done the class, but my firned did and said there was a lot of useful info on what's normal in the early weeks and about what dads can do to help out.
    Also, as others have pointed out, partner support is a major factor in success rates for mothers. He needs to get on board with this. He doesn't have to pretend to breastfeed or anything, but having 2 of you taking in information could prove really useful down the track when your'e trying to remember things.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)
    2,611

    I asked him again and he wont go.. He said he's happy for me to share anything I learn but no way will he go. As I said before I don't mind. I'm probably better to get heaps of written info and leave it around.. I've caught him reading stuff before that I leave around He will support me. I know education is the key, but if he doesn't want to go, I can't make him there would be no point.