Thanks Rumpled Elf...It may be the same with DS. The most he has taken from a bottle is 40mls (formula - I've stopped pumping for these trial feeds as I was throwing out so much EBM) - twice from the nanny and 3 times from DH in the bath (DS loves the bath and is so relaxed that we figured we'd give it a go)...but that is certainly not enough to replace a feed. We've also been trying a non-valve sippy with not very good results with formula although he will take water from it (but for some reason refused to this morning for the 1st time). DS also doesn't seem to get that he needs to suck from the weird plastic thing which is why we thought the non-valve sippy might do the trick. I hope he gets it soon. Thurs will be an interesting experiment as I am going to be gone (for the first time) for 5 hours and our carer is going to offer him the bottle/sippy when he usually BF's. I am dreading hearing that he cried the whole time.

I realized that given his solids intake and his morning/bedtime BF, he'll probably be OK the 2 days/week that I'll be in the office (although OK is different than happy). However, I am still dreading the upcoming event I have where I will be away for 30 hours. It's going to be so hard on DS - he'll wake-up and I (and my boobs) won't be there. At least DH will be, so DS will have his dad, but I don't know how he's going to go for 30 hours if he continues to refuse to suck the bottle (or take it from the sippy).