Ewwwwwwwwww! I read EVERYTHING i buy for DD now. Something in most breads makes her hyper and grumpy at the same time. She can only eat brumby's bread now.
Thanks for the heads up on peanut butter. I will look out for it when I try her on nuts!
I buy either d-ick smith or sanitarium peanut butter and they don't have any additives at all - just peanuts, salt, sugar and vegetable oil - but it is possible that the additives aren't listed under the 5% loophole which states that if the ingredient makes up less than 5% of the product it doesn't have to be listed
Last edited by Trillian; April 5th, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
NikW - it is truly amazing isnt it, I have been researching recently also additives in food, did you know 250 is also banned in baby and infant food but its on/added to bacon which I am sure many of us let our kids eat.
I am really struggling with healthy snacks to take in the nappy bag for DD, she cant have grapes anymore so I dont take sultanas either. Food in the failsafe/fedup books feel like would be giving her sugary stuff or bread/biscuits all the time. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
I too read a book that said this and haven't bought Kraft peanut butter since. Infact DS1 who is 3 has never had peanut butter. I have bought the 'health food aisle' option but it's either really dry or really oily. I may give the d-ick smith or sanitarium ones a go!?
DS has a huge problem with 320- he goes off his face and screams for ages a few hours after eating even the tiniest bit.
You have no idea how prevalent it is in our foods, here's my list so far!
McDonalds fries! (yep, he went off after he had them so i looked up their ingredients online)
No name tiny teddies- real ones are OK
Most Aldi biscuits eg scotch finger type etc.
All Green's and WhiteWings cupcake packet mixes.
Most 2 minute noodles (this is just the noodles not even using the flavour sachet)
Many garlic breads in the fridge section of supermarket.
Fresh pizza bases in supermarket
Butter blends (the spreadable butter mixes)
Charlotte flogged a piece of my pie crust the other day and went really nuts. didn't go to bed until 9:30pm and was HYPER! Her usual bed time is 6:30 so 3 hours extra is horrid. Grumpy baby the next day!
Bookmarks