Definitely give yourself the chance to heal and see how you feel about it in a few days. Many women have used formula just to get them through a rough patch and even just having a day ot two where you know you don't have to BF can do amazing things for you emotional state and give you a chance to try again.
That sounds like a good idea. Maybe after a bit of expressing you might find your nipples heal and you may want to try again.
BF'ing can be so hard to begin with, if you do manage to get past the rocky-ness at the beginning it does get easier. I had bleeding cracks and so much pain for about the first 8 weeks, i really sympathies, it was horrible, toe curling pain and i didn't look forward to feeding at all. But down the track i was very grateful to still be able to BF. It made my life much easier at times.
If it doesn't work out for you, that's ok too.
Regardless, how ever you chose to feed your baby is certainly no indication of how 'good' you are as a mother. So what ever path you choose, be happy with it and don't feel guilty.
no one can tell you what is best because you are her mum and you know.. I would totally do formula if I felt V needed it eve if it was just about the emotional relationship with her and I.
Good luck with whatever you do...When I was comp feeding I was using nan ha on recommendation from the hospital.
Sorry, one handed typing is not my forte....On another note take care of you too and I hope your bbs feel better
I was in a similar situation my little man and i just couldn't get it to work, I was so sore and he was so hungry and we would both end up in tears. So I stopped feeding him at 4 weeks old and expressed until he turned 5 months old (to the day)....and now that i have stopped expressing I am a much happier mum and in turn have a happier baby. Whilst i was expressing i was also giving him one bottle of formula a day to get him through the night and he was happy to go between both, my mchn recommended Nan Ha1 as apparently this tastes similar to BM and easy to digest....he is happy with either and hasn't had any problems with his tummy.
With the next bub if i have the same problems with BFing I will not hesitate with using formula as i missed out on a lot of cuddles whilst expressing...but i still have BF envy when i see other mum's successfully BFing.
If you can see your way clear to do both thats a great idea..as the others have said it might just help get over the intial pain, let you heal and grab a bit of rest. Good luck with it all.
thanks for the support ladies
Well the good thing is she is drinking formula, the only thing i could get my hands on in a sample size was s-26 gold and NAN HA,as i didnt want to go and buy a tin JIC kwim,
so far she took the s-26 with no dramas, im trying to work it in slowly as my boobs, well boob i should say (my left one doesnt make much milk and all so my right one makes ALL the milk pretty much) was super sore from just missing that one feed, and i express at night time (was doing that to make sure i had EBM on ahnd for when i leave her with MIL or if she is unusually hungry.. she went through that stage) ill be stopping the expressing at night time which im sure will be painful for awhile.
Im really going to try and continue bfing, even if i have to do both. i want the best for my baby obviously, its such a hand decision to make.
the other thing is the pros and cons of bfing and ffing, as my FIL pointed out. the stuff around with bottles or the pain of my bbies, i dont want to be selfish but i guess i dont have much of a choice lol.
Thanks again for your help and support ladies xxx
Bookmarks