Another one who was given voltaren after the c-section. Just be careful and minimise the use as they can affect milk supply as milk production is partly an inflammtory response of the milk glands so anything anti that can have an effect.....If your milk supply is well established it shouldn't be too much of an issue but personally I would keep it as minimal as possible whilst still maintaining tolerable pain and mobility levels.
I think (and I would certainly suggest checking for yourself!) that the anti-inflammatory creams (like voltaren emulgel) will target the area more directly and put less drug into the general blood stream and may therefore be a better option. I remember reading something when I was trying to figure out whether my rheumatologists's suggestion of using voltaren emulgel on an injury when I'm already taking voltaren tablets really was a sensible idea. I have a massive amount of brain fog today, so I may be completely wrong, but it could well be worth checking.
In fact most medications are compatible with breastfeeding. And as many people have noted, voltaren is given routinely to mothers post-birth. So it is fine to use something with your wrist
Bookmarks